New microsoft flight simulator announced at e3!!!

Thread: New microsoft flight simulator announced at e3!!!

Hybrid View

New microsoft flight simulator announced at e3!!!

A new Microsoft Flight Simulator was announced at E3.
    Finally a proper replacement for the aging, ill-performing program that is Flight Simulator X.

Here is the trailer. Looks like it has great graphics, which is one of FSX's major failing points these days IMO.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1137...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

IF it ever gets to retail and IF it looks like that out of the box then I think I'll have to wait for someone else to try it first to make sure it isn't all smoke and mirrors (remember FSX when it was first released?). Then I'll probably get it. The Xbox users making all of the comments aren't going to be happy since the announcement clearly states that this is for PC, not for Xbox.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Hope they don't make a hash of it this time if it is to be for Xbox as well as the one true faith.
    Great graphics will be welcome provided they run on a reasonable spec PC and not just on a Cray.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members +
    You never know, it could be cloud based & subscription, seeing it will be released on XBox as well.

Saw on flightsim forum discussion about new flt sim and an interesting comment about it:

"It is for XBox AND Windows 10, not any other PC. Bye bye to previous Windows OS...

It will use Microsoft Azure Cloud, suggesting that `paying` starts at every log-in and it will be a closed system, NOT open source.
    We will not be installing this on our hard drives, I suspect...

At this point more questions than answers."

If that be the case then I'm not interested.......

Members who have read this thread: 0