Uploaded , in library

Thread: Uploaded , in library

Uploaded , in library

'soon'

ttfn

Pete

Abso-bloody-lutely wonderful Pete, many, many thanks.
    I'll send a couple of screenshots to George Jenks at Avro Heritage, I'm sure he'll approve.

David

Thanks Pete

Huub

Sweet!

Glad to have them!

Got a question for you. You told us before that the blue one is historical, but how about the other one? Is it fictional or authentic at another time?
    Last edited by Mick; June 10th, 2019 at 05:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Sweet!

Glad to have them!

Got a question for you. You told us before that the blue one is historical, but how about the other one? Is it fictional or authentic at another time?
    Hi Mick, from what David (DJS1) was able to find out from Avro Heritage Museum, the red and white is most likely colour for this aeroplane when it was first registered, and was definitely seen in red and white during the 1935 display season with Cobham.

As you can appreciate its difficult to be exact when we only have black and white photos to go on.

George Jenks at museum informed us that nearly all of Avro historical records were destroyed in a fire in 1959,
    but was also able to confirm that sometime after 1935, the aeroplane was seen in blue and silver when it passed through the factory at Woodford, having had the leading edge slats installed.

I know that the blue and silver scheme is typical of Portsmouth, Southsea and IoW Aviation Ltd, to whom it was registered in 1939 ; I've seen pictures of their DeHavillands in that scheme.

I did green/white originally based on the b & w photo available, and likewise, the blue and silver based on Airspeed Courier of PS & IoW Aviation (which I happen to have nice painting of on my wall)

Has that answered enough.

I do try and research the paints that I have done for Nigel's masterpiece, and while some maybe a little make believe, I try to keep them in context

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete,

That seems pretty authentic for both skins, as best as can be known.

I have nothing against fictional or speculative paint jobs, and have painted a few myself. I just like to know which ones are fictional and which are historical.

And for authentic skins, I like to know the background of the planes they depict. Thanks for all that information.

And thanks for the sinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Thanks Pete,

That seems pretty authentic for both skins, as best as can be known.

I have nothing against fictional or speculative paint jobs, and have painted a few myself. I just like to know which ones are fictional and which are historical.

And for authentic skins, I like to know the background of the planes they depict. Thanks for all that information.

And thanks for the sinks!

No problem. I have another authentic one in the works, for the earlier model, and another slightly speculative one (in as much as I know its serial number) of RAF Thornaby Station Flight @ 1944
    Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0