Summer fields terrain mod

Thread: Summer fields terrain mod

Summer fields terrain mod

This is a summer fields terrain mod created for Rami's Battle of Britain install package. It uses Sander de Cocq's "cfs2_eurw_LC_su_BETA4" folder as it's base.

Photoreal textures were sourced from an il21946 mod "Martins England Ground Textures" for English and some French terrain, and Google earth images for French farm terrain. I used Martins textures in a similar mod for Bob2wov.

The image textures had to be cropped to produce the correct field sizes and then edited to allow for seamless tiling. Colour editing was done on the google earth images and scaling and colour editing was done on Sander's forest textures. Fields were edited into Sander's town and village textures.

The following airfield surfaces were re-textured to match the terrain:

RAF:Coltishall,Debden,Detling,Manston,Northolt,nor thweald,Ramsgate,Rochford,West_Malling,BHill,Croyd on,Duxford,
    Gravesend,Hawkinge,Hornchurch,Kenley,Tangmere,Wall op and Warmwell.

Luftwaffe:Abbeville,Audembert,Calais,Guines,Havre and Juvaincort.

These are to be found in the "CFS2BoB", "JHS_England" and "JHS_France_North" folders.

There are two versions of the terrain mod, a "256x256" version and mixed "256x256" and "512x512" version. The "256x256" version is the same size as the original European terrain for those worried about framerates, though the airfield texture sizes were increased to improve the quality.The 512 version fields are also of a slightly higher quality.

I have also included the original files as Backup so that you can easily interchange between texture sets.

I've tested both versions and the original backup on my bob install just before uploading the mod and everything is working as far as I can tell.
    Get it here:https://www.mediafire.com/file/ba7ub...FIELDS.7z/file

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Next, I'll probably experiment with a 1024 res version with higher quality town,village and city textures if the sim engine can handle it, and look into a spring version for "BOF" if I can find suitable google earth images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bandicam-2019-06-05-14-08-50-198.jpg   bandicam-2019-05-23-20-50-12-391.jpg  

Library Staff
    Hi Rince33,

Great work! We should be able to use these textures with Rhumba's latest regions files - K for Britain and L for France.

Thanks,
    Kevin

They look great! Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0