Captain Sim 777-200 P3DV4 (at last)

Thread: Captain Sim 777-200 P3DV4 (at last)

Captain Sim 777-200 P3DV4 (at last)

https://captainsim.net/

However, not even offering a discount to those like me who bought the non-portable FSX model (not long before I switched to P3D4) is putting a dent in my customer good will. AND, get this, this is just a "portover" FSX model that works in 64 bit (because they had all those 32 bit dll files in their gauges)! All this time and it's not yet even a native P3D4 model - which I think will come later on.
    Really.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I got the 757 and am pretty happy with it but I never liked their 777 model. I thought it was very buggy overall, kind of clunky. I'd have some reservations about getting this model. In general, I don't do much long haul simming anymore but for that, I tend to use my Aerosoft DC-8. I am hoping to see of CS updates their B-52H. That is a model I sorely miss and I had a custom FDE for it which made a huge difference.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got the P3Dv3 777, the lack of an upgrade option means I'm just never going to use it again. Even in the current half price sale the P3Dv4 version is more than I paid originally basically for some recompiled gauges.
    At least I've got the Aerosoft A320 for an airliner fix in v4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    I've got the P3Dv3 777, the lack of an upgrade option means I'm just never going to use it again. Even in the current half price sale the P3Dv4 version is more than I paid originally basically for some recompiled gauges.
    At least I've got the Aerosoft A320 for an airliner fix in v4.
    Your right about the 'sale price' being high, actually more than half off but still more than I have ever paid for a single aircraft model. Looks like they are joining in on the PMDG pricing model, With my short attention span I don't think I could ever justify it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

"The 777 CAPTAIN II is a port over from 32-bit version except the features marked New! We’ll fix compatibility issues of the 64-bit version but no further development expected in 2019."

That's a lot of dough for a port-over!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I actually did a flight in my CS 777 in P3DV3 yesterday, and although I can't blame them for the OOM error, I was not at all pleased with the night lighting, which was really terrible, and the low res VC which made many labels hard to read. Luckily I got the 777 (P3DV3 and FSX) in their $9.99 sale, along with the freighter and 300 extensions. I have used it a number of times, and I will continue to use it in FSX on occasion. The CS 777 is not at all terrible, but it does have it's minor niggling issues.

Coincidentally I saw that FS2Crew were having a weekly 50% off sale for the PMDG 777 voice control pack, and I made a rash decision to buy that and then buy the PMDG 777 for P3DV4 from Aerosoft. That model also works in P3DV3. Of course it is VERY expensive, but I do believe you get what you pay for in this instance. The external and internal modelling is superb, the sound is superb, and of course PMDG are renowned for their extensive systems modelling.

I'm now looking forward to doing some serious hours on long haul flights without OOMs. Of course I need to find the time to do long haul flights .
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Actually just did my first long haul flight in the PMDG 777 from SBSV to SEQM (2637 NM). What an awesome aircraft.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wish PMDG would add their vc rain effects to the 777.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Members who have read this thread: 0