Milviz PC-6 Porter

Milviz releases a PC-6 Turbo Porter.

https://milviz.com/flight/products/PC6/

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Thanks for the HU.
    What a wonderful surprise.
    I've been hoping that MilViz would take it on since the Aerosoft version fell flat.
    For me an absolute must-buy.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Important: for a limited time there is a 20% discount: use the code "{Removed by request}" at checkout (note small case "u" in the middle) in the
    Got Code space on the Payment Method selection screen.

Also: when you get the Sendowl download link, there is a serial code just under the plane's name. Copy and paste this someplace
    secure, you will need it when you go to install (I missed it the first time around and had to go bak into my Milviz account downloads
    to get it). This serial code is not in the e-mails with the download link Milviz sends.

-RobM

Jump starting at Locher:

I would love to know if Milviz bought the model off Marcel Felde to finish...

That version was apparently ready 2 years ago...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    I would love to know if Milviz bought the model off Marcel Felde to finish...

That version was apparently ready 2 years ago...
    No, this is a completely new build from the modeling team.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Aha, excellent, well found!

jk0603

I just uploaded this paint.

The other ones need (a lot) more TLC, so a bit more patience please...
    jk0594
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Aha, excellent, well found!

jk0603

I just uploaded this paint.

The other ones need (a lot) more TLC, so a bit more patience please...
    jk0594
    they look great

Looking forward to these. I'm not on Facebook so please give us a "heads-up" where and when new repaints are posted. At the moment all I see is the Australian Army version in Library.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

@Jankees, excellent!

@Bill, very nice models, I really like your work. But it seems, there are no reflections/gloss in PBR materials (or very, very poor). I am right, or do I have problems?

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    @Bill, very nice models, I really like your work. But it seems, there are no reflections/gloss in PBR materials (or very, very poor).
    Thank you Thomas, but I truly did not have anything to do with the PC-6. Dimi did the modeling and UVW mapping, other team members did the rest. Currently we have at least six projects underway with separate teams on each I believe.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thank you Bill, I am quite sure, the PBR with a bit more reflections will come. Overall I have no issues noticed so far, well done. The Milviz Porter is quite impressive with its unique turbine management. A really nice to have.

Thomas

Is it just me....or does the elevator look in the wrong attitude when in straight and level flight...!?

To me it looks like it will nose overt all the time!?

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Currently we have at least six projects underway with separate teams on each I believe.

Hmmmm....I'm guessing (based on Facebook):

MU-2
    Piaggio
    Skyraider
    F-15C
    F-16C
    SR-71A

Kent

Looks good but not on my 'must have' list.
    Or even my 'maybe' list.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Hmmmm....I'm guessing (based on Facebook):

MU-2
    Piaggio
    Skyraider
    F-15C
    F-16C
    SR-71A

Kent
    So, more than I remembered then, since there is the KA-350i and the KA-300 as well. There's at least one other that I'm currently working on but cannot name as of yet.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

tried that, no luck

I found out, that the reason for the "always chrome" prop spinner
    is the model setting for the chrome texture.
    It must be set to Blend enviroment by inverse diffuse alpha = true
    not false.
    I will make a request in the MILVIZ PC-6 forum.

I just upload the camouflaged Porter, although I have not been able to locate the prop spinner. If anybody knows where it is located I may do an update later..
    jk0622

Glad to see some new liveries for the Porter , with this PBR setup the reflectivity is controlled using the Metal map's Alpha channel , not the Albedo Alpha .

Best CJ

I was hoping to upload this Australian Porter this weekend,

but I am having problems locating one part:

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???
    and where is the landing gear?

Meanwhile, I started on a few more, but every little nut and bolt is modeled separately, so I am slowly going nuts...

so patience is needed, lots of it..

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???

I have had a look with MCX and assume, that you can find the missing part on
    the texture "Porter_PC6_ext_02_albedo.dds" in the left corner above, one of the three little parts.

The gear textures seems to be on "Porter_PC6_ext_06_albedo.dds" but sadly i have no clue where.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Porter.jpg  

I was hoping to upload this Australian Porter this weekend,

Meanwhile, I started on a few more, but every little nut and bolt is modeled separately, so I am slowly going nuts...

so patience is needed, lots of it..
    Thank you jankees for the "early" Royal Australian Army scheme. I am looking forward to your others! BTW the blue one "XIT", is that a Kiwi bird...?

Members who have read this thread: 3