Milviz PC-6 Porter - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz PC-6 Porter

To Jan after seeing the images directly above. The master at work. Looking forward to the download. Thanks.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

but I am having problems locating one part:

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???
    and where is the landing gear?

I have had a look with MCX and assume, that you can find the missing part on
    the texture "Porter_PC6_ext_02_albedo.dds" in the left corner above, one of the three little parts.

The gear textures seems to be on "Porter_PC6_ext_06_albedo.dds" but sadly i have no clue where.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Porter.jpg  

Aha, excellent, well found!

jk0603

I just uploaded this paint.

The other ones need (a lot) more TLC, so a bit more patience please...
    jk0594
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I was hoping to upload this Australian Porter this weekend,

but I am having problems locating one part:

that little gizmo on the nose, does anybody know where to find it in the texture files???
    and where is the landing gear?

Meanwhile, I started on a few more, but every little nut and bolt is modeled separately, so I am slowly going nuts...

so patience is needed, lots of it..
    Thank you jankees for the "early" Royal Australian Army scheme. I am looking forward to your others! BTW the blue one "XIT", is that a Kiwi bird...?

Aha, excellent, well found!

jk0603

I just uploaded this paint.

The other ones need (a lot) more TLC, so a bit more patience please...
    jk0594
    they look great

Looking forward to these. I'm not on Facebook so please give us a "heads-up" where and when new repaints are posted. At the moment all I see is the Australian Army version in Library.

I just upload the camouflaged Porter, although I have not been able to locate the prop spinner. If anybody knows where it is located I may do an update later..
    jk0622
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

tried that, no luck

I found out, that the reason for the "always chrome" prop spinner
    is the model setting for the chrome texture.
    It must be set to Blend enviroment by inverse diffuse alpha = true
    not false.
    I will make a request in the MILVIZ PC-6 forum.

Lightbulb PC-6 Porter from Milviz

Today, a new version v1.1.1.0_190621 has been released from Milviz.
    It contents a Service Pack in order to correct some bugs of the first version v1.0.1.0_190606

Good fly

Milviz PC-6 Porter

I would recommend visiting the Milviz Support Forum, as it seems there are a few little issues that may relate to the service pack. There also seems to be a problem associated with the current update of RealLight, which might relate to the lighter load texture sets Miliz released...

Still, I think it to be a great rendition of the aircraft...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    No, this is a completely new build from the modeling team.

Thanks, I did think that was probably the case, but it seems such a shame that the other version was so far down the road and never came to fruition. Hats off to you all for stepping in and providing. It goes off the production line this year, this is a fitting tribute to one of the most versatile aircraft ever designed and built....

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Milviz provided a hotfix for users who get problems with "RealLight".

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

RW footage of PC-6 with wingsuit jumpers

What an amazing airplane. What a set of cojones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YL9sNrOlK-I

Due to the situation with COVID-19 I am at home, I have a little more free time ;> and I am doing something for "Porter" .
    I have only one skin in my plans but who knows?

Soon (Papua new guinea).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I can only wish you luck, it is not easy to paint, especially complex schemes. I gave up after just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I'm not into fugly aircraft, but hey it exists.
    Actually I had far too much to do with the bloody things back in the early 1970's.
    Some Muppet in a higher pay grade than mine decided bolting a couple of 'Pigs' laterally on the floor and flying in circles might give us a poor man's 'Spooky'.
    Not very clever and not that entertaining when the only thing attaching yourself to the aircraft is a single 'Monkey Strap'.
    Being stuck at the Oakey Army Base wasn't great either.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I can only wish you luck, it is not easy to paint, especially complex schemes. I gave up after just a few.
    Yes, I know it, near each screw has it's own texture . Ughhh.....PK is detailed (maybe too much) but it doesn't encourage mass painting.

Edit.
    Just small preview:

Last edited by YoYo; March 17th, 2020 at 14:42.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Do you like weathering effect like me? Skin is ready but Im starting to do weathering effects of working horse.
    Mud texture ...

btw. Remember about this sale now, #STAYATHOME

Like many of you, we are spending more time at home, and what better way to spend the time than playing with some new toys?
    Spring Staycation Sale March 19 - 29
    All aircraft 30% off (except the 350i)
    Code = 'STAYCATION'

Anyone like to have a go at doing this paint for me please

John

MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Still working on.
    New pit for MV PC-6? Yep! Weathered, some of parts with new PBR ect! Everything what bush pilot needs

Lookin' good, YoYo! I like it!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Looking good mate
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Excellent work!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Members who have read this thread: 3