SimObjectDisplayEngine

Thread: SimObjectDisplayEngine

SimObjectDisplayEngine

I know I ought to know this one, but can someone help, please? I've just reinstalled the iBlueYonder Heron's Nest and SODE, and now every time I start FSX-SE I am asked if I want to run SODE. I'm sure there's a cfg somewhere where I can edit a line from FALSE to TRUE, but I can't remember where.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Find your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files, usually they are in folder C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\ FSX.
    Then edit the SODE ManualLoad lines to ensure they are set to "false" so you are not prompted anymore for permission to run the modules:

DLL.XML:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Programs\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimation Module.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

EXE.XML:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Programs\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEn gine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>

Hope this helps, Henk.

Thank you. That certainly rang a bell, but when I go into the exe and the dll both of them already show "false" in those lines. Is there another file somewhere, maybe?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I get the same issue with Steam when I start FSX for AICarriers on Windows 10. My other system is FSX:ACC on Windows 7 and AICarriers never asks to be started. I just assumed it was an issue with Steam and maybe Win10 UAC. Sorry I don't have a fix. But I bet if you find one it'll fix my AICarriers issue.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I get the same issue with Steam when I start FSX for AICarriers on Windows 10. My other system is FSX:ACC on Windows 7 and AICarriers never asks to be started. I just assumed it was an issue with Steam and maybe Win10 UAC. Sorry I don't have a fix. But I bet if you find one it'll fix my AICarriers issue.
    AICarriers has nothing to do with Steam so if it doesn't work like before it is a Win 10 issue. I doubt it's a combination.
    I have both boxed FSX and FSX-SE on my Win 8.1 system and AI Carriers loads with no prompt.

In any case there is a similar <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> line in the AI Carriers section of the exe.xml file.
    Hope this helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0