The ils

Thread: The ils

The ils

After Years Of Flawless Use In FSX And FSXSE Flying The Default C-172 My ILS Shut Off...ADF Ok As All instruments Are ...Do not Know Why?..Any Thoughts guys? Thnx!

OK, I'll bite....what do you mean your "ILS" shut off?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

not working .. Shut off not working lost ....

Does this issue occur with just one airport or all airports that have an ILS system?
    If it is just one airport, then it is an issue with that airport.

Is it just the default C172 or does it also affect other stock aircraft such as the Beech Baron?
    If it occurs with all aircraft then I would suspect the default gauge file is corrupt or missing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

HI AND THNX All Applications of The ILS Failed ,This In All aircraft ...was no tampering it Just Stopped Is The default gauge file is corrupt or missing.? May Be However i Replaced them from Different Installation Still Not Good ...First lost weather,now seeing failings In Systems...Me Thnx FSX getting very old ADF Still OK ..Again Thnx stansdds!

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    HI AND THNX All Applications of The ILS Failed ,This In All aircraft ...was no tampering it Just Stopped Is The default gauge file is corrupt or missing.? May Be However i Replaced them from Different Installation Still Not Good ...First lost weather,now seeing failings In Systems...Me Thnx FSX getting very old ADF Still OK ..Again Thnx stansdds!
    Assuming you are still using FSX-SE, you may want to try verifying your game cache:

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
    2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
    3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
    4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
    5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
    6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
    7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
    8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
    9. Restart Steam
    10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

THNX however too old ,and beyond my pay grade...will have one of my grand kids or my great grand kids to check this out as you suggest

Another possibility to try is to restore the original, default, default flight the sim comes with. The trike over Friday Harbour.

To do so:
    Make sure FSX is closed, use either NotePad, which comes included with Windoze, or NotePad++, a freeware available easily from the net, to open the file FSX.CFG Simply search through it until you find the line SITUATION= . Delete everything after the equals sign ( = ). Save the file off, and try FSX again.

Easy enough, for you, or your younger off-spring
    Doing this ensures all settings are returned to default. Once in the Freeflight screen, you can then switch to whatever aircraft you desire to see if the trouble is solved.

Just a thought. I get so few, and they die of lonliness so quickly...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

YES SIR...This I Can do,Will Try And will Let you Know THANZ !

MR.PHANTOM TWEEK...Well Tried ,and unfortunately no..... Fix Answer some where else ..I thank you for your Help Most Appreciated ...HAVE A GOOD ONE!

Members who have read this thread: 0