Assetto Corsa Irritations!

Thread: Assetto Corsa Irritations!

Assetto Corsa Irritations!

I'm going through a reallyr annoying patch with AC at the moment.

After some initial success with one of the base shader additions I've had nothing but frustration with later variations.
    Even a clean re-installation goes feral which I thought might have been linked to the Content Manager, but of removing that program and doing another re-installation it still is not right.
    Now the drive has been reformatted and I'm doing another bloody install of AC, this time without the half finished 'Content Manager' and some very judicious vehicle additions!

I appreciate the effort taken by the free enhancement Gurus but 'Sol' seems to be patched or updated on an hourly basis.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Sol has mucked up my installation of assetto corsa as well.

I have also found I cannot update my steam edition of assetto corsa to version 1 16 3 why I do not understand.Any ideas?

Cheers chris
    Last edited by speedy70; May 29th, 2019 at 09:44.

After reading about the problems with Sol addon, haven't even bothered to install it.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Sol works great, but you do have to follow the instructions carefully ,and download the latest version of Content manager and the lights patch and install everything in the right order.
    I've had some initial problems too, but the author does provide support through Race department.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    I have also found I cannot update my steam edition of assetto corsa to version 1 16 3 why I do not understand.Any ideas?
    If you redownload AC through Steam you should get the latest version. No updates required.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi Ferry.

Thanks for the advice but won't redownloading lose all my addons and content manager etc.

If you try to download the ultimate addon it says you already have Aseetto corsa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers chris

Hi Chris, not really sure why you don't have version 1.16.3, because Steam keeps games up to date by itself. The last update was issued around the time of the last Porsche DLC pack, somewhere late 2016 IIRC.

What you could try is right click on 'Assetto corsa' in the library list in Steam,select 'proporties', click 'updates' and check to see if automatic updates are set to 'always keep this game up to date'. The select the local files tab and click on 'verify integrity of game files...' and let Steam check for missing and outdated files. This shouldn't affect any addons I think.
    This also works if you think you've messed up any AC folders or files; just delete and use 'verify' to redownload missing files. Worked great for me in the past with FsX as well.

The ultimate edition is basically just AC with all DLC packs.

Just checked my freshly installed (today) copy and it is version 1.16.3.
    I shall now embark on the environmental patching very carefully!!!!!

Chris, I backup all my cars and circuits for safekeeping, as I usually remove most of the Kunos cars that I have no interest in.
    The 'standard' cars go in one file, the 'mods' in another as do my circuits.
    You should have no trouble if you simply copy whatever you need to save, preferably to a remote drive.
    Not sure about the effects and shader additions.
    I've given up on 'Content Manager' for a couple of reasons, but I might start having a go at them for not finishing the bloody thing as I did pay for it and it's never up to date.
    Parts of it do work really well but the unfinished areas are annoying.

Before the Sol went nucking futs!!!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0