P3D settings and X-Plane

Thread: P3D settings and X-Plane

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

P3D settings and X-Plane

I read somewhere that you could import the P3D controls settings into X-Plane and use them as normal. If this can be done how do I do it and how does it effect the sim performance.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

It can be done via a button in the control setup screens, I don't remember the exact name.
    To be more precise, I think (I never tried it) that it's more like choosing a P3D-ish default mapping, instead of exactly importing your current P3D settings.

For the rest of your question, I don't see why importing a control setup would impact any performance ? It's just key and axis mappings, not graphic settings.

Do you mean it's possible to have the view settings buttons on a joystick the same as P3D ??, if so that's great, please tell how it's done.

Settings - Keyboard, at the bottom it says -"reset key bindings to default for" and there's a pull down. Select FSX and it will import your settings. No effect what so ever on performance.
    Sue

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Thanks Sue that is a great help. X-Plane is a bigger learning curve than any of the MSFS ever were.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Settings - Keyboard, at the bottom it says -"reset key bindings to default for" and there's a pull down. Select FSX and it will import your settings. No effect what so ever on performance.
    Sue
    That's great, thanks Sue. Setting up the controls in X-Plane has always been a problem for me, to many years of FSX & P3D I think!

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Setting up the controls in X-Plane has always been a problem
    Isn't it just! I have two modules of Saitek throttle controls. The levers are programmed in pairs throttle/throttle. prop/prop and mixture/mixture. and in turn are matched as 1&3/2&4 etc just in case a 4 engine a/c is used. (Have I lost y'all in my description?) XP won't allow this. And it has issues retaining settings of my VKB Gladiator joystick. I must get around to plugging in my Saitek Cessna Yoke but dread the onerous setting up of it.
    I find the whole of XP clunky and it puts me off really getting into it... there are only so many hours in a day.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members who have read this thread: 0