CH Products USB Throttle Quadrant with Win 10?

Thread: CH Products USB Throttle Quadrant with Win 10?

CH Products USB Throttle Quadrant with Win 10?

I bought a used, but very good condition CH Products Throttle Quadrant off a website a couple days ago. Won't arrive for several days, but I was reading up on being able to use it with Win 10. The CH Forum, I found out, is closed. The last version of CH Control Manager works with Win 10 for some, and not others. There are other programs that will allow programming of CH Products, though.

I wanted to know if anyone on the forum has a CH Quadrant, and if you got it to work with Win 10?

I bought this for only $22, so I am not out a lot of cash. And if it will work, then it would be awesome!

Thanks, NC

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Chief, I have the CH Throttle Quadrant and it works perfectly in W10. I have the first switch set up as UP= Battery on/off, DOWN= Avionics then the other switches set as I need them. However switches 9 - 12 are used to start the engines.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Chief, I have the CH Throttle Quadrant and it works perfectly in W10. I have the first switch set up as UP= Battery on/off, DOWN= Avionics then the other switches set as I need them. However switches 9 - 12 are used to start the engines.

Hope this helps you.

Just your confirmation that it works with Win 10 is encouraging! Do you us CH Control Manager? I have a registered copy of FSUIPC. I wonder if that program will work with it? NC

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​FSUIPC works great with it. I am not using the CH Control Manager at the moment.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​FSUIPC works great with it. I am not using the CH Control Manager at the moment.
    Perfect! Now I just need to learn how to use FSUIPC, which I have had for years, and have no clue! NC

Arrived today. Immediately recognized by Win 10. I assigned functions to it, using P3D, but do want to learn how to do so with FSUIPC, since I have had a registered copy for years. It's on my Add-on menu, not being used! NC

I'm also using a CH throttle quadrant in Win10 Home, without any major issues. I seem to recall that I was able to download and install the latest CH Manager from CH's site, but I only use that for calibration. My quadrant, Fighterstick, and rudder pedals are at least 10 years old. Hope your experience is as trouble-free.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I'm also using a CH throttle quadrant in Win10 Home, without any major issues. I seem to recall that I was able to download and install the latest CH Manager from CH's site, but I only use that for calibration. My quadrant, Fighterstick, and rudder pedals are at least 10 years old. Hope your experience is as trouble-free.
    Thanks Craig,

Device Manager can calibrate, as well as FSUIPC, i believe? At any rate, its gonna be fun! NC

Chief,

I'm not familiar with the calibration functions of either of those, so I can't comment on how well they work. I just checked, and CH Products still has the latest CH Control Manager available for download, and it does work with Win10.

I really enjoy flying with my setup. I think you will as well.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 0