fsx lost !!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fsx lost !!!!!!!!!!!

fsx lost !!!!!!!!!!!

hi there
    i just down loaded the firefly and it wont fly, take of or stay, in the air . any way as the brakes dont go off when i try to take off .i thought i would reload the sim , then it kept crashing . so i re loaded it all again then i cant find the purchase code just a bit of the bar code . so is that it ? can i get a new code or do i have to find another set of discs . i dont need a lecture on pirate copy or cracks. this is the gold edition and i bought it when it first came out the discs and computer survived 3 house moves the code has disappeared . any help welcome .
    cheers
    greycap

If all else fails consider getting FSX Steam for £23.20 From Amazon. It has quite a few improvements over the original discs and is reckoned to have better frame rates as well.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

fsx

will it work with win 7?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi there
    i just down loaded the firefly and it wont fly, take of or stay, in the air . any way as the brakes dont go off when i try to take off .i thought i would reload the sim , then it kept crashing . so i re loaded it all again then i cant find the purchase code just a bit of the bar code . so is that it ? can i get a new code or do i have to find another set of discs . i dont need a lecture on pirate copy or cracks. this is the gold edition and i bought it when it first came out the discs and computer survived 3 house moves the code has disappeared . any help welcome .
    cheers
    greycap
    I can't help you with the problem of the code, but I am curious as to why you would go to the extreme of reinstalling FSX when a single aircraft wouldn't function. . . .and especially if all your other aircraft perform as they should? There were other options to troubleshoot a simple problem with one airplane beyond reinstalling an entire Sim. From now on, if you do get a fix for your current problem. . . ."Don't do that again".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

fsx

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I can't help you with the problem of the code, but I am curious as to why you would go to the extreme of reinstalling FSX when a single aircraft wouldn't function. . . .and especially if all your other aircraft perform as they should? There were other options to troubleshoot a simple problem with one airplane beyond reinstalling an entire Sim. From now on, if you do get a fix for your current problem. . . ."Don't do that again".
    hi there
    the answer is in several parts . its not my go to sim and i usually only use it to try freeware . i dont like the tower views as i like to watch from the tower . as i said the brakes jam on before take of and i used to download the aircraft im flying in twice which in part solved that problem .notices of missing sceneries come up ,so i did a repair and thats when it started crashing i deletd the firefly ,still crashed so in temper i did a full download and the rest is history . its not the easier of the 2 to fly [fs9 or 10 ] there you have it . so 15 quid down the drain and i might buy another pack sometime
    cheers
    greycap

will it work with win 7?
    No problems at all. I had it working well on Windows 7, and now it's running well on Windows 10.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

hi there
    the answer is in several parts . its not my go to sim and i usually only use it to try freeware . i dont like the tower views as i like to watch from the tower . as i said the brakes jam on before take of and i used to download the aircraft im flying in twice which in part solved that problem .notices of missing sceneries come up ,so i did a repair and thats when it started crashing i deletd the firefly ,still crashed so in temper i did a full download and the rest is history . its not the easier of the 2 to fly [fs9 or 10 ] there you have it . so 15 quid down the drain and i might buy another pack sometime
    cheers
    greycap
    Almost sounds like you might be experiencing the start of a hard drive failure, if a bunch of files suddenly start coming up missing, and the usual fixes only make things worse. Have you done a defrag lately? Might be a good idea to let Windows do a file checkup.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I don't know...it all sounds a bit squirrelly to me. I know, I'm such a cynic.

Suggest time to move to P3Dv4. There is no comparison.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Suggest time to move to P3Dv4. There is no comparison.
    I've not a lot of money and as p3 is an offshoot of fs10 I imagine the tower view is the same

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Almost sounds like you might be experiencing the start of a hard drive failure, if a bunch of files suddenly start coming up missing, and the usual fixes only make things worse. Have you done a defrag lately? Might be a good idea to let Windows do a file checkup.
    2004 works fine and facebook etc .worth checking the files ! fs10 worked in as much as I used it until I mucked about .I have the sods law gene that if it can go wrong it will . hope its not a hard drive.

Not HD

If you other programs including FS9 can work just fine its NOT your HD so that's a good thing. I had to replace one in my laptop a few months ago but every program was glitchy when it started to quit. Foolishly like you I didn't ask someone who's in the know and lots tons of data reformatting the HD before I used RECOVER to get the data back. We all live and learn the hard way. Now I back up all data on 128GB backup. Some guys use 1TB externals. anyway, I don't believe it's your HD.

On the other side, as suggested you can buy FSX Steam or you can go to eBay and get another FSX Gold reasonably with the reg code. It is sold new by dealers but they want $100's not $10's of USD. Its not a pirate because eBay won't allow that. Used. To me, so what if it works.

Sorry if I can't be more help.

If you do decide to get the Steam version I wouldn't bother getting via Amazon for £23.20 as suggested, its available direct through Steam for £19.99 and if you wait a bit it regularly comes up in one of there sales for as little as £6 to £7.

The Steam version is definitely the way to go as it more stable and a lot less hassle to repair or reinstall if needed. Also I wouldn't be surprised if MS eventually start refusing to activate the CD version at some time in the future.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Probably a fragged HD or your video card is acting up, do a system clean and get rid of unused redundant files. Windows can fix that for you. Then do a ram defrag. then check the drivers for your video card.

Steams version of FSX is set to go for another 20 years of windows 10 BS so it will run fine, you will have to run it through steam which is a hassle but it works great, and all add ons are fine with it.

Your hard drive might be finished as well. check on its health. mechanical hard drives are pretty affordable now.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    Steams version of FSX is set to go for another 20 years of windows 10
    Really? An ancient 32 bit game will go on for another 20 years? You're joking I hope?

Priller

Activate by phone. Micro$haft no longer cares about FSX/CFS or any of it. You don't even speak to a human being anymore.

hi
    is fsx steam just a download or is it a disc . can the files still be accessed . are normal freeware file addons useable etc
    cheers
    greycap

hi
    is fsx steam just a download or is it a disc . can the files still be accessed . are normal freeware file addons useable etc
    cheers
    greycap
    1. Download...no discs

2. Files or folder can be accessed, maybe a slightly different path to them. (I still use the disc version).

3. Probably most freeware addons should work just fine. If you buy payware, make sure it's for FSX-SE or you may have a problem with the auto-installers.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    1. Download...no discs

2. Files or folder can be accessed, maybe a slightly different path to them. (I still use the disc version).

3. Probably most freeware addons should work just fine. If you buy payware, make sure it's for FSX-SE or you may have a problem with the auto-installers.
    cheers
    just to get it right. if I buy the steam edition from amazon I get a disc with code or will I have to buy that from steam . if I go to steam and download it will I be able to use fsx freeware/ payware that I have already . and can I access the files in the aircraft. now my head hurts lol
    cheers
    greycap

cheers
    just to get it right. if I buy the steam edition from amazon I get a disc with code or will I have to buy that from steam . if I go to steam and download it will I be able to use fsx freeware/ payware that I have already . and can I access the files in the aircraft. now my head hurts lol
    cheers
    greycap
    If you buy it directly from the Microsoft Steam Store..$24.99 Download only https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...Steam_Edition/

If you buy from Amazon...$79.98 and what comes in the box is not a disc but and authorization code and the site you got to for the download.

Yes, you can use freeware that you have. Maybe a little more work for any payware you already own. Yes you can access the files in the aircraft, etc.

Now I bet your head really hurts!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

cheers
    cheers greycap
    You can buy FSX SE on Steam or Amazon. You will need to install Steam, then download thru Steam.
    It is best to not have any trace of your original FSX installed. (Backup all your add-ons some where safe
    away from where you are going to install Steam)
    You do not need to install Steam on your "C" drive, it can be put on a separate drive or partition.
    FSX SE will install into the root Steam folder under "Steamapps/Common" folder. All folders and files are
    the same as the original.
    I have not had any problems installing any add-on a/c or scenery with an auto-installer.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Yep, I haven't had ANY issues installing planes or scenery, and I've installed tons.

The OnlY thing to watch out for, if you purchase the A2A lights addon (if often comes bundled with the purchase), for DEFAULT aircraft only, FSX ignores the aircraft.cfg files in the Simobjects\Airplanes directory and instead uses the aircraft.cfg files from the

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObj ects\Airplanes\... directories instead.

For instance, if you like to swap out the paints for the Orbit etc airlines with real world airlines, add the new textures to the

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airpla nes\... directories, but edit the aircraft.cfg files in the directories in the path above.

(BTW, the title of the thread keeps looking like the title of some existential book too me.... )

Lost in FSX?

.. he sat down at his computer to play FSX and was never heard from again. Occasionally you'd see a more human looking pilot or hear faint cries.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    (BTW, the title of the thread keeps looking like the title of some existential book too me.... )
    Paradise Lost .....

Members who have read this thread: 0