FSX Native AVRO 621 ... Need Help with a few issues

Thread: FSX Native AVRO 621 ... Need Help with a few issues

FSX Native AVRO 621 ... Need Help with a few issues

Hi everyone,

Up to now I've been using the FSX portover version of Nigel's beautiful AVRO 621 without problems.

Today, I downloaded and tried his FSX Native AVRO 621 and found I had no VC lights, and using the portover VC lights produced a very light/hazy VC effect as shown below.

Portover version - VC light off :

Portover version - VC light on :

FSX Native version - VC light on :

I am using this entry in the aircraft config file :

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 4, -0.35, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight
    light.1 = 4, -2.45, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight

Does anyone know how to resolve this hazy issue ? I find VC lighting quite useful when flying near dusk, as it makes everything easier to see.

Thank-you, in advance, for any advice.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

..... Also with the FSX Native version of the AVRO 621, all repaints show up with a dark grey arc on the LH side of the tail fin when viewed at certain angles, as shown below :

The repaints in the port over version are all fine, just the FSX Native version show this anomaly.

Anyone else experiencing this ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Is there a way of removing the pilot from the port over AVRO 621 through a config file modification, or is this feature part of the FSX Native model itself ? Just curious.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    ..... Also with the FSX Native version of the AVRO 621, all repaints show up with a dark grey arc on the LH side of the tail fin when viewed at certain angles, as shown below :

The repaints in the port over version are all fine, just the FSX Native version show this anomaly.

Anyone else experiencing this ?
    You have the wrong vertical tail texture there.
    Use the tail texture from the 621 port-over version, that should fix it.

Ttfn

Pete

(humble Avro repainter)

The dark grey arc is caused by the tail_spec-file, which is wrong for that model - try the one i have attached here - that should solve it.
    Not sure what happend with the instrument-lights - mine are working fine without any issue - so i am sorry but in this case i could not help.

All the Best

Dirk
    Attached Files Attached Files

The texture problem seems to come from the wrong "Tail_t_spec.dds" file which came with the FSX native _AVRO 621version.
    I have solve the prob with replacing the "Tail_t_spec.dds" from the
    _AVRO 646 Sea Tutor (early) version, wich correspond better with
    the "Tail_t.dds" texture file from the _AVRO 621version.

@MZee

I have installed the additional vc lights and they work as they should

perhaps a prob with your sim settings or a missing effect file.

I think, the "removing of the Pilot figure" function is a visible condition setting, which is codet with the model file and isn't a config file.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    The dark grey arc is caused by the tail_spec-file, which is wrong for that model - try the one i have attached here - that should solve it.
    Not sure what happend with the instrument-lights - mine are working fine without any issue - so i am sorry but in this case i could not help.

All the Best

Dirk
    Okay du warst schneller, Dirk (Okay, you were faster, Dirk)

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Aber nur ein wenig (only a bit) - the attached spec-file is the one from the SeaTutor (early) which is slightly adapted to the other spec-files of the 621.

Best regards

Dirk

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Aber nur ein wenig (only a bit) - the attached spec-file is the one from the SeaTutor (early) which is slightly adapted to the other spec-files of the 621.

Best regards

Dirk
    Okay, you guys are FAST, FASTER, FASTEST!

Apologies that this slipped under the radar during testing, friends - Ulrich is onto the issue (thanks again, Ulrich!)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Nigel, we have to say thank you very much again - you and all involved people did a fantastic job! There is a lot of Payware around which were not on this high level and have a lot more "issues". I for myself was impressed again by the Quality of the now native AVRO-Packages They are simply fantastic.

With deep Respect for all the work which is truely perceptible when flying one of the AVRO's

Dirk

Blog Entries

VC lights test

I had exactly the same results as MZee1960 with the interior (VC) lights described with his custom lights section entry.
    However, the attached light fx described below worked well in a test I just completed.

For those wishing to try out the effect (below attachment), here is the aircraft.cfg entry I used:

light.0=3, 3.400000, -16.500000, 4.695000, fx_navredAVRO
    light.1=3, 3.400000, 16.600000, 4.695000, fx_navgreAVRO
    light.2 = 4, -0.35, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight_dh80
    light.3 = 4, -2.45, 0.00, 1.25, fx_vclight_dh80

vc_light_test.zip

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries
    Nigel, we have to say thank you very much again - you and all involved people did a fantastic job! There is a lot of Payware around which were not on this high level and have a lot more "issues". I for myself was impressed again by the Quality of the now native AVRO-Packages They are simply fantastic.

With deep Respect for all the work which is truely perceptible when flying one of the AVRO's

Dirk
    Dirk, you can't begin to imagine how rewarding it is to see the products of our labour giving pleasure to the community.
    I am sure we are all truly humbled by your thoughtful comments.

Thank YOU!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Thank-you, Pete, Dirk, Ulrich and Nigel for your input.

I have the tail fin anomaly now fixed, and VC light operational now.

.... Off to explore Nantucket ....

Last edited by MZee1960; May 28th, 2019 at 21:44.
    Cheers, MZee ...

I decided to keep both the portover and native versions installed. Very hard to decide between the two 'in sim' .

The portover has the advantage of the VC illumination during daytime hours as well and, although perhaps not realistic, it helps me with better gauge readouts at certain times of day.

Thank-you, everyone, for the various versions, mods and repaints, .. and Nigel for bringing these beauties to the sim world for all of us to enjoy.
    Cheers, MZee ...

SOH-CM-2019
    Hi Nigel,

I just want to add my sincere thanks to you and your team for these magnificent Avro's.
    Not only have you created some exceptional virtual models of a series of beautiful classic aircraft and given us a window into what it is like to fly them but you have managed to encapsulate the very essence of the shear joy of flight.
    It is impossible to land from a flight in one of your Avro's without a smile on your face and a glow in your heart.
    That sir is priceless!
    Thank you very much to you and all your team and salute to you all.

Members who have read this thread: 0