Fsx Aeronca closing in on completion

Thread: Fsx Aeronca closing in on completion

Icon22 Fsx Aeronca closing in on completion

Hello all. I have been quiet I know for a while.

Work calls even when I'm retired!! Thing is we just got a big contract to build a HUGE online game. So I have had to work on that as its pretty important for the team and is their source of income for the next five years!

So I have had to look out for my employees to make sure we got the best deal we could for their future.

So Now back to the Aeronca. So in extended beta testing my beta team have found that there are some serious problems with the new textures you requested and some of the other additional things that are needed to get the full benfit from the P3D V4.4 that I would want to have in the add on. the problem is that the old Aeronca was a gmax model and the infrastructure of that source code is more costly to work on then just to build it from sctratch new with all the goodies in it and build it just for P3DV4.4 and beyond.

So this means a specific build for the P3d version of the Aeronca and as well the Ford Trimotor. This to me is worth it in the long run as more virtual flyiers head over to P3d v4.4 and I want my products to be the very best they can be.
    So What I will do is release the Aeronca for FSX ACCERATION on time as we said. It is a mega rebuild of the old one don't worry! Now you can buy that one and use it in P3DV4.4 and it works perfectly, it wont have the 3d gauges and other goodies that I wanted to put into it but it will be beautiful and fly right and look extreme in its detail.

So you can buy the Aeronca that is set for Fsx and it will be perfectly fine in P3dv4.4. I am shooting for a August or early September release on that one, we are mainly waiting on the new web site stuff to get done.

So now that we cleared the skies on that one, since the P3dv4.4 version will be a all new build from scratch just for P3d lets get a composite list of things we will need to build into it for you guys and gals!

List it all here and I will take it into account and I and a partner will build it to those specs!

Now that brings me to another subject!

I am opening a new position in Cr1 just for flight sim. I will be looking for a build partner on the Aeronca, its a three to six month position that could work into a full time position if the applicant feels "ok" with it later. The person will work directly with me and be separate from the main Cr1 company. This is so there wont be the heavy pressure on this person with the "real world" game development issues and extreme dead lines we have to work under. Working with me they will have a much more easier schedule and there wont be any big time game pressure put onto them. We will work together and this will be a stress free arrangement that will pay the applicant a real buck in his/ her pocket every two weeks! There are options for payment as well that can be discussed in private. So those you that know the two games and have built for them IE: Fsx and 3dpared--- know the work flow that is needed and I will want to work with a experienced designer so that I'm not training and delaying the project so that our supporters aren't left in the sidelines for a long time waiting on this asset to become ready for download.

All those that might be interested in this can contact me through my private message or here thomasjwood@telus.net or thomasjwood@shaw.ca

Like I said this is a very special one time opening just for this project. It could lead into a very cool job!

Ok lets get that list going !!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

I'm really looking forward to this one. The old CR-1 Aeronca is still the a/c I come back to time after time.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

fsx veesion will be ready in a couple months but it looks like im alone on the v4.4 one, which is alright just slower but definatly you will get better quality with just me.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Take your time, Thomas. We'll be here with CC in hand when it's ready.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0