Small OT: Catch-22

Thread: Small OT: Catch-22

Small OT: Catch-22

Im after two episodes and like it very much (maybe not hero of the book ;>).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5056196/

Just the question is when we will see "Mitchell" for FSX/P3D (Vertigo or Warbirdsim )

Last edited by YoYo; May 26th, 2019 at 12:23.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Work on the Warbirdsim B-25J continues on a daily basis - it was a long, hard road, but a few months ago I finally finished adding all of the rivets, rivnuts, spot welds, screws, bolts and fasteners, every last one placed individually to the positions marked on the original factory blueprints, and accurate specifically to production blocks. I'll be off work again for the summer, starting in a couple weeks (my annual three months off between the school year ending and the next beginning), so I'll be back to putting full-time hours on it again.

BTW, the two B-25's they used for this series were the Planes of Fame B-25J "Photo Fanny" and the Tri-State Warbird Museum's B-25J "Axis Nightmare". Both are still wearing their movie paint right now. The filming itself took place in Sardinia, Italy.

the two B-25's they used for this series
    TWO? I read they had 17 fliers for the old film version!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    TWO? I read they had 17 fliers for the old film version!
    In our times its a "Copy and Past" option?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, different times. The original film did have as many as 18 B-25's (scrounged up by Frank Tallman, and with several coming from Jr Burchinal), but things were much cheaper then (engines, gas, parts), and the planes, back then, were considered more expendable. Furthermore, the filming for the original movie took place in Mexico, so there wasn't the need to fly them over the open Atlantic like there was for this new series. I know of another B-25/museum that had been requested by the producers for the filming of this new series as well, but they had to decide not to do it due to the logistics - the museum/team decided that flying the aircraft all the way to Italy from the US, and back, was considered too great a risk, especially if an engine failed while over there, and the cost of having to ship over a new one, and the crew having to pay more to stay longer, etc.

In this new Catch-22 mini-series, they also used the Ju-52 F-AZJU from France and the C-47 N147DC from the UK.

Glad to hear folks are enjoying the "New" Catch-22. I certainly did!

I enjoyed the depth of the characters and the real "balance" between the Mission, and the Insanity of War. In my opinion, it was a decent depiction of what life must have been like in a Medium Bomb Group during those difficult times. Like the original, you just fall in Love with the B-25 and what a great Airplane it was and continues to be!

The original (as usual) was simply the best and stayed close to the book.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I look forward to a new "J" but I still wish there was an early C/D model in the wings. I've always had a hankerin' to fly one of those Doolittle Raiders.

Sanity tells you that you should be flying P3D, folks...…..

Dave

Who is Sanity, and why would he/she say such a thing?

There ain't no Sanity Claus.

A bit further OT: what happened to the Jeff Hawke B-25 modified and used as a camera ship on "Battle of Britain" and other movies? Is it still around?

dhazelgrove,

What are you doing on this forum?

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 0