One for the gurus

Thread: One for the gurus

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

One for the gurus

I had a friend install a new motherboard in my computer and now I am having problems with my flight sims both P3D V4.5 and X-Plane 11.34. I have updated the Intel drivers for the CPU.

The problem occurs during the loading of the chosen scenario. Here is a screenshot of the message I am getting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails intel error.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Far from being a guru, but do you only have an onboard graphics card? I.e. only the one that is integrated on the motherboard?

Anyway, it is a driver error, so I would install those graphics drivers again. If you have an addon GFX card, make that the primary one, make sure the connector is on the addon card and update the drivers.

Hope this helps a bit.

Priller

Priller is on the right track about integrated graphics, Intel 4400 is an onboard graphics chip and not suitable for gaming at all. If you have a graphics card plugged into the new mobo then it needs enabled in the BIOS and drivers installed. P3D will cough if it doesn’t find a suitable GPU with enough RAM, according to their website.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

This is internal graphic card (of Intel), not external GPU (like nVidia or Radeon).
    Any sim (modern) cant start on this kind of card. Choose different GPU for 3D engine of the simulator.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have an nVidia GTX760 graphics card with 8MB of ram on it. Looks like I need to dive into the bios and see if I can activate it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have an nVidia GTX760 graphics card with 8MB of ram on it. Looks like I need to dive into the bios and see if I can activate it.

What manufacturer and model is the new mobo?

Regardless, it sounds like you do indeed need to dive in to BIOS to activate the PCI Express slot.

Follow the instructions here:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/enab...lot-36591.html

The PCI Express slot on your motherboard allows you to connect video cards using the PCIe bus standard. Most motherboard models also feature an integrated graphics chipset that allows you to run your computer without having to install a PCIe video card. If your computer uses an integrated graphics chipset as its primary display adapter, you must first enable the PCI Express slot from the BIOS menu before switching to a PCIe video card.

1. Open the BIOS menu. Pressing the “F2” or the “Del” key during computer startup usually takes you to the BIOS menu.

2. Select the “Advanced” tab using the left/right arrow keys.

3. Select the “Video Configuration” option using the "Up/Down" arrow keys. Certain motherboard models list this option as “First Display Device” or “Primary Display Adapter."

4. Select the “PCI-Express Graphics" option and press “Enter.”

5. Press "F10" to save the new settings to BIOS and exit.

6. Restart, check the drivers in Windows, etc.

7. Go fly!

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Wait a second!

Is your monitor plugged into the nVidia or the motherboard video port???? Make sure it's the nVidia card's port.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

and make sure the graphics card has power cable plugged in - if it needs one, which it probably does.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Is your monitor plugged into the nVidia or the motherboard video port???? Make sure it's the nVidia card's port.
    Thanks for the reminder Tom. Problem solved.

When we picked up the computer from the shop my son carried it inside as I was on the walker. He set it up on the computer desk and plugged in the main cables and plugged the video lead into the MB video port instead of the nVidia card's port. A quick swap over of the ports and my flight sims work again. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Cheers
    Pat

Members who have read this thread: 0