Memorial Day Sale at xplane.org shop

Thread: Memorial Day Sale at xplane.org shop

Memorial Day Sale at xplane.org shop

Up to 50% discount during the Memorial Day Sales for 531? items at https://store.x-plane.org/Specials_c_137.html Go check it out. One or two items I might purchase despite their antiquated business practices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 60861371_10217829602226201_3814995067060355072_n.jpg  

I've listed all the sale items in a google sheet, sorted by discount
    See here
    Cheers
    Keith

Got Avia71's Aerostar and MLADG's L-29 package. The discounts were too good to pass up.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    I've listed all the sale items in a google sheet, sorted by discount
    See here
    Cheers
    Keith
    Great job. It was really helpful.

got U-2, B-47 and A-37

Well ended up buying more than I intended - could have bought more though - MLADG's Me262/Komet/Habicht package, the L-29/Blanik package - mainly for the gliders, Avia 71's RF5B, the DMAX Blackshape Prime, JRollon-Jetstream32, RWDesigns-DHC6-v2. As you can see my preference is for the lighter end of the spectrum. Seem to be having an issue loading the different skins with the RWDesigns-DHC6-v2. though.

Yeah, this is the first BIG org store sale since I’ve got into XP (Feb. 2019), so I’m like a kid in a candy shop.

Like Guzzi, I was looking for a mid-sized turbo prop, but favoured the Dreamfoil Bandit - and then grabbed the Evektor EV-55 (coz it was <$10). Also picked up XPRealisticPro out of curiosity, and will likely add a Scenery/airport item or two today (thinking FlyTampa Corfu and maybe Bella Coola).

Also tempted by the half-price Just Flight newsletter sale item (see other recent post), but at least I can wait a couple of weeks for that (so my credit card can recover a little!)

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    .... MLADG's Me262/Komet/Habicht package, the L-29/Blanik package - mainly for the gliders, Avia 71's RF5B, ...
    Thinking of the 262 for the same reason - how is the Habicht?
    Also thinking of Avia's RF6B.
    Cheers
    Keith

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    One thing I do love at the org store is access to outside reviews. When you click to look at something there are tabs that say details, requirements, reviews, videos depending on any spotted on the net. Tabs are kind of grayed out and hard to see. Found some great review sites this way.

I recommend the Skunkworks P-51, and the Just flight Arrow (both standard and turbo).

The Flying Iron Spitfire is pretty good too, especially with the support the developer is giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Thinking of the 262 for the same reason - how is the Habicht?
    Also thinking of Avia's RF6B.
    Cheers
    Keith
    The Habicht is modelled well and flies like an older glider might - you have three versions the normal 13.6m span, and the two Stummel Habichts - 8M and 6M spans. I've never flown a Habicht in R/L ,although did stumble across one of the three replicas when cycling through Germany once, so hard to know how realistic it is. Considering you get two version's of the Me262, a powered and glider version of the Komet, and 3 Habicht's, it has to be one of the best bargains around - would highly recommend it. The Delfin/L13 Blanik is also worth the money - you get the jet powered version as well as the normal version https://youtu.be/rB1QzzjX1B0 . I'm liking the RF5B by Avia 71 and am tempted to splash the cash on the Cap10 and RF6B- better than an American spam can :-).

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    The Habicht is modelled well and flies like an older glider might - you have three versions the normal 13.6m span, and the two Stummel Habichts - 8M and 6M spans. I've never flown a Habicht in R/L ,although did stumble across one of the three replicas when cycling through Germany once, so hard to know how realistic it is. Considering you get two version's of the Me262, a powered and glider version of the Komet, and 3 Habicht's, it has to be one of the best bargains around - would highly recommend it. The Delfin/L13 Blanik is also worth the money - you get the jet powered version as well as the normal version https://youtu.be/rB1QzzjX1B0 . I'm liking the RF5B by Avia 71 and am tempted to splash the cash on the Cap10 and RF6B- better than an American spam can :-).
    Thanks, went for it though can't try them out till tomorrow
    Also went for the Mig 15 so now have all the MLADGs - already have the Delfin and 109
    Cheers
    Keith

And, of course, I was so busy flying over the weekend, I missed the announcement of the sale

But in reality, I think I have enough to fly at the moment

But it sure is fun collecting planes

Members who have read this thread: 0