Junkers Ju88 H1 long range maritime recon aircraft.

Thread: Junkers Ju88 H1 long range maritime recon aircraft.

Junkers Ju88 H1 long range maritime recon aircraft.

Hi Folks,
    Just uploaded a CFS2 version of the new model Junkers Ju88 H1 a rare long range maritime aufklarer, used from France in 1944.

Has new 900lt drop tanks/carriers as weapons.

Cheers

Shessi

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=54&id=25513
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ju88H1 CFS2 6.jpg  

Junkers Ju-88h-1 CFS2.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: A new build of the original old Ju-88A model by K.Malinowski and J. McDaniel's for CFS2/3. Re-modelled into this rare version with new crew, multi-LOD, new 900lt drop tanks. Along with an excellent new 2D panel, flight manual and effects by Papi.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Junkers Ju-88h-1 CFS2.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Awesome, Shessi.

Thanks very much.

On my way n0w to download!

MR

Update: Got 'er!

Tx!
    MR

Last edited by MaskRider; May 24th, 2019 at 10:59.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Sweet!

What a nice present for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Shessi!

Thanks, looks great!!

Thanks Shessi, she looks great. This is a variant I hadn't heard of until now.

Hi Shessi
    Great work with this rare bird.
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Stuart

Thank you.

Cheers guys,
    I appreciate it won't get much use, but I couldn't do it for Fs9 and not for CFS2?!

BUT......the pictures of the 88 in my post, the water is in fact in CFS2.....dah.dah....dah....dahhhh!...another post I think

Shessi

Hello Shessi,

Thank you so much for bringing this rare variant over to CFS2. How do I see the RPM and ATA gauges on both the 2D panel and virtual panel? Are they apart of another Ju88 pack? They appear just fine in your FS9 version. Also I noticed the tailwheel appears outside of the fuselage.

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ju-88 glitch.jpg  

Hi BC,
    That usually happens because you were turning on the airfield as you were taking off, so the steerable tailwheel gets stowed off centre. Try taking off and be in a straight line when you leave the ground (use engine/throttle differential settings to acheive this, not rudder), I'll take a look though as well.

As for gauges, unfortunately most of Papi's Fs9 gauges were .cab files or .xml gauges and therefore can't be used in CFS2, so we have to have a slightly different set of gauges, AND some are just not available in the CFS2 .gau format, so some have to be 'missing'.

As for more Ju88's, yes I will be doing most of the 88 family, as and when.

Cheers

Shessi

Ju 88 H-1 gauges

Hallo friends,

as I do not use cfs2 I do not know which gauges work there.
    One of the many reasons why I did left cfs2 was the limitations to make real cockpit, not just flat panels.
    Allright, as I understand, for cfs2 the panels must be "light" issues.
    After my holydays I will try to make a generic cfs2 Ju 88 panel.
    What I need to know for that is which gauges work in cfs2 ?
    Please give me infos about what is possible in cfs2 and what NOT.
    Than I will try (and I try and I try - - - as did sing Mick Jagger) to make something for you
    Yours
    Papi

Looks nice. Also with a tail that long I don't think I want to make any rough landings....
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for the new aircraft, looks great!

I took the VC entries for KM's Ju 88G-6, plugged them in to Shessi's H, and now I am seeing the RPM and ATA gauges I was missing before.

Tailwheel Off-center when retracted

Hi;

regarding the tailwheel issue, there is a fix for that. Wolfi posted a thread on the subject, which includes a very nice tutorial. The fix is rather easy, and works a treat. See the thread here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...el+retractible

Sorry, not sure how to post a link to another thread, but you can also find it by doing a search for Wolfi and gear animation.

With thanks to Wolfi for sharing this with us.

Paul

Hi BC,
    Just checked and I'm afraid tis pilot error and not anything in the model/cfg.

Once rolling, as in a real ac, don't use rudder to alter direction when the tail is on the ground, as it doesn't have much authority. Use the differential braking ie in CFS2 the LH = , and RH = . keys, to make minor corrections. This will allow the tail wheel to stay centralised, and therefore stow correctly. When the tail comes up, it then has full authority for changing direction, and the tail wheel is then locked in it's last position ie with using diff braking..it will be straight, then take off...into the wild blue yonder..

As for the gauge, hands-up, spotted my fault. I had the entry in the panel.cfg as MAPE_Luft_4eng2.gau, and put just the MAPE_Luft_4Eng.gau in the GAUGES pack, so either go get the ....4Eng2.gau or change the panel entry to a ....4Eng.gau gauge. There's no difference between the two but you don't have 4Eng2.gau gauge set, most people do and that' why no one else has mentioned it, still my error though!

Paul, thanks, BUT if you look further down that page, you'll see my reply and how to do it, and then Wolfi's revelation to that..ha ha.

As said, pilot error.

Cheers

Shessi
    Last edited by Shessi; May 28th, 2019 at 01:25.

Icon22 Reply...

Mark,

Somehow, I forgot to respond to this thread. Very nice work on the model, I haven't run into any issues yet!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I appreciate the feedback Shessi.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi BC,
    Just checked and I'm afraid tis pilot error and not anything in the model/cfg.

Once rolling, as in a real ac, don't use rudder to alter direction when the tail is on the ground, as it doesn't have much authority. Use the differential braking ie in CFS2 the LH = , and RH = . keys, to make minor corrections. This will allow the tail wheel to stay centralised, and therefore stow correctly. When the tail comes up, it then has full authority for changing direction, and the tail wheel is then locked in it's last position ie with using diff braking..it will be straight, then take off...into the wild blue yonder..

As for the gauge, hands-up, spotted my fault. I had the entry in the panel.cfg as MAPE_Luft_4eng2.gau, and put just the MAPE_Luft_4Eng.gau in the GAUGES pack, so either go get the ....4Eng2.gau or change the panel entry to a ....4Eng.gau gauge. There's no difference between the two but you don't have 4Eng2.gau gauge set, most people do and that' why no one else has mentioned it, still my error though!

Paul, thanks, BUT if you look further down that page, you'll see my reply and how to do it, and then Wolfi's revelation to that..ha ha.

As said, pilot error.

Cheers

Shessi
    Last edited by Browncoat; June 7th, 2019 at 20:07. Reason: Panel Problem mostly fixed

Members who have read this thread: 1