Scenery order in P3DV4.5?

Thread: Scenery order in P3DV4.5?

Scenery order in P3DV4.5?

I have never understood what the order in the Scenery hierarchy should be. So confusing. I have Orbx Global Global, Vector, and a lot of addon scenery. I was under the impression that the Vector scenery configuration elevation tool would put everything in correct order? But as I am STILL missing terminal buildings at KATL and KORD for example, I do not know how to fix the problem. .NC

Well, since no one else is answering, I can only suggest what I would try (so you may already have done these):

First, delete your Shaders folder (located at AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Shaders), and let P3Dv4 build a new one when
    you start the sim. It probably won't do anything in this case, but it's easy to try and sometimes amazes me what this fixes.

Second, double check that you don't have a second KORD.bgl and KATL.bgl somewhere in your Scenery->World->Scenery folder,
    or in your third party scenery addons.

Third, uninstall/re-install your P3Dv4 Scenery (just Scenery, you don't need to do Client or Content). But after uninstalling and before
    re-installing, check in your Scenery\NAMC\Scenery folder to make sure the KORD and KATL .bgl's have been removed. After you uninstall/
    reinstall your P3Dv4 scenery, you will need to go into FTX Central and Verify Files for FTX Global and Orbx HD Trees, if you have those.
    If you have Vector, it should be unaffected, but you should re-run Vector AEC. All other FTX and third party scenery addons should be ok.
    There's nothing particularly hard here, but it will take some time to re-install all these files.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Well, since no one else is answering, I can only suggest what I would try (so you may already have done these):

First, delete your Shaders folder (located at AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Shaders), and let P3Dv4 build a new one when
    you start the sim. It probably won't do anything in this case, but it's easy to try and sometimes amazes me what this fixes.

Second, double check that you don't have a second KORD.bgl and KATL.bgl somewhere in your Scenery->World->Scenery folder,
    or in your third party scenery addons.

Third, uninstall/re-install your P3Dv4 Scenery (just Scenery, you don't need to do Client or Content). But after uninstalling and before
    re-installing, check in your Scenery\NAMC\Scenery folder to make sure the KORD and KATL .bgl's have been removed. After you uninstall/
    reinstall your P3Dv4 scenery, you will need to go into FTX Central and Verify Files for FTX Global and Orbx HD Trees, if you have those.
    If you have Vector, it should be unaffected, but you should re-run Vector AEC. All other FTX and third party scenery addons should be ok.
    There's nothing particularly hard here, but it will take some time to re-install all these files.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else to try at the moment.

-Rob
    First off, thank you for taking your time to suggest a fix to my problem. I followed your steps carefully. Unfortunately the problem persists. Grrr! I hope I can find a solution soon. This is a challenge! Pete

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...on-point-tool/

This is your problem Pete. The insertion tool ordeers the scenery, not Vector.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...on-point-tool/

This is your problem Pete. The insertion tool ordeers the scenery, not Vector.
    Sue
    Thank you, Sue, for your suggestion. I followed the instructions in that post, but the problem is still there. No terminals NC

Have you set the ORBX insertion point in FTX Central?

The idea is that all your own add-on scenery must be higher in the scenery list than any ORBX scenery. If it isn't, ORBX will overwrite it when generating scenery displays.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Have you set the ORBX insertion point in FTX Central?

The idea is that all your own add-on scenery must be higher in the scenery list than any ORBX scenery. If it isn't, ORBX will overwrite it when generating scenery displays.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Yes, I made sure that was done yesterday. Problem persists. I posted on Orbx, Avsim and Flightsim forums. Nothing working yet. I am not about to uninstall/reinstall because of those two airports, but it is a nagging annoyance!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Hi Dave,

Yes, I made sure that was done yesterday. Problem persists. I posted on Orbx, Avsim and Flightsim forums. Nothing working yet. I am not about to uninstall/reinstall because of those two airports, but it is a nagging annoyance!! NC
    I'm wondering if there's an exclusion in place in the ORBX versions of those airports.
    Have you tried locating them in the ORBX directories and removing them?

It does look to me like you've got a conflict.

Dave

Chief,

The Scenery Library works in layers, with the pieces at the top of the list getting the highest priority in terms of display. The sim can display some unusual visuals when things are out of order. This link below has a good explanation for how the scenery library works, and in what order everything should be in, generally. I've used it as a reference in the past when troubleshooting my own system (raised/sunken taxiways comes to mind). It says it's for FSX, but P3D works the same way.
    http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-li...r-orbx-global/

Have you tried going into the Scenery library and disabling all of the other addon scenery you have except the affected airports? If the terminals show up, then one of your other addons might be the culprit and you may be able to narrow it down from there. It wasn't clear in your other thread whether your KATL and KORD are addons or not, but that might help with troubleshooting the problem.

I did a quick Google search on "P3D missing buildings" and got a number of hits on some of the other forums (including Avsim and a few scenery devs), but didn't immediately see any common solutions. Looked like a number of folks had similar issues at one time or another, though. You might find something if you look around.

Sorry I'm not able to be more helpful. Hope you can get it sorted quickly.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Thanks for your reply. I went to read the explanation at the link you provided. I got about 1/2 way through it, and got frustrated. I think I will uninstall all Orbx and see what effect that has. I wish there existed a simple program to arrange things without so much problems. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Chief,

The Scenery Library works in layers, with the pieces at the top of the list getting the highest priority in terms of display. The sim can display some unusual visuals when things are out of order. This link below has a good explanation for how the scenery library works, and in what order everything should be in, generally. I've used it as a reference in the past when troubleshooting my own system (raised/sunken taxiways comes to mind). It says it's for FSX, but P3D works the same way.
    http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-li...r-orbx-global/

Have you tried going into the Scenery library and disabling all of the other addon scenery you have except the affected airports? If the terminals show up, then one of your other addons might be the culprit and you may be able to narrow it down from there. It wasn't clear in your other thread whether your KATL and KORD are addons or not, but that might help with troubleshooting the problem.

I did a quick Google search on "P3D missing buildings" and got a number of hits on some of the other forums (including Avsim and a few scenery devs), but didn't immediately see any common solutions. Looked like a number of folks had similar issues at one time or another, though. You might find something if you look around.

Sorry I'm not able to be more helpful. Hope you can get it sorted quickly.

Chief,
    No need to unistall all of your orbx/ftx stuff. Just go into the scenery library and disable all the orbx stuff. Then go back and check the effected airports and see
    if the buildings returned. If they do then you know it was and orbx product, then just add back the orbx stuff one by one (after checking the scenery) to find the
    culprit. I would also disable all your add-on scenery and do the same thing. I've a feeling that it is an afcad that has an exclude in it and that it's not an orbx one.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Found the problem and fixed it!

Before I uninstalled Orbx and other sceneries, I took another look at all the sceneries in the list. I found that the following were unchecked (do not know why). I checked them, and VOILA! Terminals now appear!

Thanks all! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scenery.jpg  

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out, Chief!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 1