Back after a long absence....

Thread: Back after a long absence....

Blog Entries

Back after a long absence....

Started again with profiles... more work in progress... Here is an example...
    will start repaints and the old thread soon.... this plate is rather large and detailed,
    suitable for print of any size (orig. 25 megs) Have to figure out how to display it
    here in larger size... (knew how to do it once but I forgot... can be seen in Flicker)

Gaucho_59

Anyone who posts large pictures (like Huub) please advise as to how to do it. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB2 C VB-87.jpg  
    Last edited by gaucho_59; May 20th, 2019 at 16:11.

Hi G.

Welcome back Nice profile again.

The way I post my (large) images is by using an image host. In my case I use Imgur and place the link towards the image at Imgur in my post.

Cheers,
    Huub

It seems that the size of the image in the forum is determined by the size of the uploaded image.

For a test I just downloaded your Helldiver image and opened it from my desktop, and it looks the same size in Windows
    Photo Viewer as it does in your forum post

I shrunk it to 50% size and uploaded it here and sure enough, now it's half size in my post. So it looks like you just have to upload bigger images.

Last edited by Mick; May 21st, 2019 at 05:09. Reason: Typos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    It seems that the size of the image in the forum is determined by the size of the uploaded image.

For a test I just downloaded your Helldiver image and opened it from my desktop, and it looks the same size in Windows
    Photo Viewer as it does in your forum post

I shrunk it to 50% size and uploaded it here and sure enough, now it's half size in my post. So it looks like you just have to upload bigger images.

DEAR MICK,

The image I posted is very large... it was reduced by the posting program here.... I tried with the URL of the one I posted in Flicker... and still the same size here.
    If you go to Flicker and see the JPG (GIGANTIC) OF THE ORIGINAL (psp IMAGE SOME 35 megabytes) you can see what I am facing... yet I see large images posted here...

Gaucho_59

Your image was likely resized by the program here because the size of the file was too large.
    Make sure when you save your image that you will upload to a website is saved as a JPEG (jpg) file not as a bitmap (bmp) or any other type of format. JPEG's compress the pixels in an image to make for a much smaller file size. The size of your image on a screen will not change, only the size of the file will be smaller. Most websites won't allow large file sizes and will automatically change your image to meet the website restrictions on what it will allow.
    Depending what program you save your jpg with, you may also have the option to set a "compression" level. ie How much you want to compress the image to make the file size even smaller. You can set this to around 70-80% the maximum value it allows and the image will display fine.

When you have an image 'hosted' on a site such as ImageShack it can be a decent size (I have gone up to 10Mg) and SOH can show it.
    It's simply a matter of uploading to the host site, opening up SOH in a side by side tab and copying your image into your SOH post.
    I do tend to hold back on the size 99% of the time, a jpeg at 2400x1300 is generally a good compromise between detail and dimension.

For example, if you click on the 'view image' option it opens to full size but on the ImageShack (in my case) page.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries

Succintly...

1. I used to post my images here in very large size like yours
    2. I posted the profile in site hosted by Flicker... it is shown small fairly small, but if you click on it, it shows in very large full of detail.
    3. In the past, more than a year (before I went to Cuba and went off the map at Guantanamo Base) all I did was place the URL of the post in Flicker
    and it would show here in the largest possible size for this site.

4. I first posted a fair size from my computer to this site... and it shows small. Then I tried the old method with the url to the host posting the large size... AND STILL POSTS IN THE SAME SMALL SIZE HERE!

I am, to say the least, most confused as to why...

If this clarifies my dilemma... any help will be appreciated...

Gaucho_59

Blog Entries

Another try at posting the right size...

This time Boulton Paul Defiant in Laotian markings.
    Still the same problem... The image hosted in Flicker just does not load (it states invalid file)
    this one from my computer is taken... but resized much smaller...
    I am at a loss....

G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boulton Paul Defiant Laos Kingdom.jpg  

Blog Entries

Another try at posting the right size...

Another attempt

G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AVG Warhawk Bond.jpg  

If you take a look at this page's source code (in Chrome: R-click + option) you can see that Wombat's picture is embedded using quite a different code from yours.

As mentioned above, try converting your pic to a JPG with a reasonable size such as 1920 (good enough for POP (proof of pudding)), drop it on an image server, and list the url enclosed in an "img" html code bracket. I need to spell it out because the display here won't allow me to post the "img" code verbatim. So, type "img" using an opening and a closing square bracket; then paste your jpg url; then write "/img", again enclosed in square brackets.

Easier done than said

Blog Entries

Thank you....

PS: how do you view the source code? I tried to check Wombat's pic. but nothing shows...

can you only do it with Chrome? I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge to access this forum.
    Last edited by gaucho_59; June 2nd, 2019 at 22:47. Reason: addendum

[img]……[/img]
    Yes, exactly like that, the jpg-url within the html-type bracket.

Members who have read this thread: 0