Anyone like German armour?

Thread: Anyone like German armour?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Anyone like German armour?

A few photos from last weekend's Militracks event:

Renault FT and TSM from the British Weald foundation:

Raupenschlepper Ost from Norway:

Sturmgeschutz III:

One of only three Surviving Sd.Kfz.164 Nashorns (Rhino) in the world. The project suffered a big setback when the shed where it was stored burned down last month, but the team has already started rebuilding this beast:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Driving Panther Ausf. A from Saumur museum in France:

A Kubelwagen, but not a VW but a Porsche Typ 62!:

Always present, the huge 18 Tonne FAMO:

A few more photos in my album here: https://imgur.com/a/InP0TEW

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Ahh, Ferry, tanks always were your weakness....I bet you've got a wee Tiger tucked away in the back of the garage...

Great photos as usual - looks like fun - as long as you don't trip up in front of one of those monsters....

Nah, just a few books and a couple of scale models. There are a some interesting youtube channels with great information I like to watch. The Bovington tank museum has a great channel.
    As for owning a piece of armour, even a working kettenkrad sell for over €80.000 these days....

There was a Centurion in New Zealand going for around NZ$80,000, a year or so ago. Just had a new engine fitted as well. He also had a T55 for sale. The missus was interested, as she used to charge around the training grounds in Wiltshire driving Centurions, whenever she could get the chance, many years ago. Great fun!
    (just checked - still for sale https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car...2263812579.htm )

NZ$80000 ? That's only £40000 - that's cheaper than some of those battery-powered nonsenses the greenies are trying to force us all to buy. I know which I'd rather have....

Only two snags I can see - (a) shipping from NZ might be a tad expensive, and (b) the fuel bills might stretch my budget just a little. Not so much mpg as gpm, I fear...Parking would be fun, though

But just think - I wouldn't have to keep pulling over for all those women who can only drive their Range Rovers in the middle of the road !

We eventually had Centurions turn up late in Vietnam (as usual) and they were a bloody nuisance!
    Just the heat footprint they gave off at night was excellent for attracting unwelcome attention.
    IMHO the best value delivered by all that heavy metal was their ability to destroy Bamboo thickets, a couple of Flechette rounds and not much thicket left!!
    Our Centurions were nicknamed 'Koalas'.........'never to be shot at and never to be exported' as a government document pontificated re our little furry critters.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0