Dog days of summer

Thread: Dog days of summer

Dog days of summer

Have the "dog days of summer" come early this year, or is it just me ?

Keep waiting for new things to appears from various stables ( have an interest in Military fast jet - Cold War and beyond / Civil ) ...... maybe an updated work in progress list is in order !

Anybody ??

"can't wait"

If you're talking about WIP releases for FSXA, the outlook for fast jets looks pretty bleak. The only one I'm aware of is the Justflight Tornado F.3. I was hoping for the Milviz F-15C, but they are no longer developing for FSXA.

There are a lot of props and helos in the works, fortunately. Aeroplane Heaven is working on some Spitfires Mk.5 and Mk.9, and a NAA Sabreliner. Nemeth Design is working on an KA-32. Cera Sim is working on an Mi-17 U5. Flight Replicas is working on an B-24 Liberator. There are also a couple B-25's, a P-39 and a De-335 in the works as well. Not sure about any freeware. There are no specific release dates and some of these have been in the works for a long, long time. With everyone trying to develop for multiple sims the picture keeps changing on what we can expect.

At the moment I'm still enjoying the recent releases by Aeroplane Heaven (Heinkel He-111), Flight Replicas (Bf-109G6 and Bucheon) and ATSimulatons (Sibwings AN-2) and some port-overs by Manuele Villa.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Warhorse47,

"fast jets look pretty bleak" FSXA , for sure !! As I commented in a previous post I had my sights set on adding the Milviz F105 to the hanger but no more I put their F100 in the same class as the SectionF8 F86, top notch for quality. If I'm not mistaken the AH Javlin is still progressing down the line..... one can only hope.

I believe it was mentioned elsewhere that the AH Javelin will be P3D only. No FSX model.
    -- WH

Yeah, ouch.

You need to come down to Everett, WA sometime and take in one of the air shows at the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum. Bring your camera. It will do you good to get away from that computer and not worry about future addons.
    -- WH

.... nothing wrong with a little therapy ! lol

Keep forgetting about that little gem , did the Boeing tour a number of years ago, well worth the effort.

Need to get over to Victoria and visit the recently acquired "Lancaster" bomber that was trucked in from Toronto.

I understand they want to return it to "flight status". My pedigree is the son of a Flt Engineer on Lanc's ... bring it on !!

"bombs gone"

Last December on our way up to Victoria for a little mini-vacation, we stopped by FHCAM to see the new hangar and the Stuka restoration and the B.C. museum to see the Lanc. Interesting projects. I'm sure we'll visit these projects again on our next trip to Victoria.

One of the benefits of living so close to these museums is the ability to see live history. In other words I've been able to see and photograph restored aircraft that I only saw in movies and museums (and in flight simulators) until now.
    -- WH

Yeah, my son was just talking about giving me a hand me down desktop (haha! now I KNOW I'm getting old!), and it's looking like I may finally make the jump to P3D if he does give it to me.

I've got FSXA and X-Plane on my current desktop (circa 2010 i7-950 @3.8GHz/GTX 1050/18GB) and FSX:SE on my work laptop. But both computers have their performance issues and it would be nice to experience what's available nowadays. The "new" one will have an i7-4790k I think it is, which I should be able to jump to 4.5GHz. I figure I'll put a 1660 in it and a good sized SSD or two (which I don't have today).

Point being, I think the writing is on the wall FSX and XP and P3D seem to be the future... And I'm cool with that.

As sad as it is, DCS is where the fast jets are at these days. The complexity of aircraft and graphics of DCS are IMHO superior to FSX and P3D.

I wish there was a way to gauge how successful an FSX jet would be in the absence of most devs work.

My production line has virtually ground to a halt - on the one hand, I cannot do the complexity of the high end products that customers have come to expect, but on the other, that could produce a gap in the market in the void of FSX.....I just don't know if it's viable given the number of hours it takes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=centuryseries;1185578]As sad as it is, DCS is where the fast jets are at these days. The complexity of aircraft and graphics of DCS are IMHO superior to FSX and P3D.

If you can stay out of jail! “Research” led the DCS developer to jail for trying to get various manuals for his F-16 (I believe). True, he was a foreign national but developers should take heed of this.

There is some question as to whether the man was actually a developer, and, even if he was, what the actual purpose he was using the manuals for (apparently he was turning around and putting them on ebay himself?)...

Which begs further questions, since the manuals listed (e.g. F-16A/B Flight Manual) that he was trying to obtain are easily found on the internet, unless the internet is restricted in those countries from accessing the sites I've found them at, but I doubt it. As others have said, the manuals apparently lack critical details that are restricted (they weren't put in I imagine since the manuals were meant for wide distribution, even back when they were restricted information).

Among the expected freewares there are two Crusaders, one US and one French. No hurry, keeping cool, calm and collected

..as for payware, have you checked out any of the products from FLYFREESTD (Fly Free Studio) on SimMarket? I picked up their First Generation Mig-29 to round out my stable, and its not too bad.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0