Hmmm....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm....

Hmmm....

Downloaded the MAC demo - seems to run pretty good on MAC.....

Blog Entries
    Runs very good on a MAC P...and Red Hat Linux
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

You will very soon notice that ten minutes just isn't enough to see, hear and do it all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You will very soon notice that ten minutes just isn't enough to see, hear and do it all...
    Can you elaborate?
    I don't plan on diving in like I was before.....Just around about an 1hr a week or so......And since Prepar doesn't run on Mac....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    Come on, it was a crystal clear jab at the ten minute usage limitation of the demo.

And since Prepar doesn't run on Mac....
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong: there is this thing called bootcamp in a Mac which will allow you to install windows on it and therefor also the iteration of P3D of your choice.

If your Mac is up to that of course...

Priller

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong: there is this thing called bootcamp in a Mac which will allow you to install windows on it and therefor also the iteration of P3D of your choice.

If your Mac is up to that of course...

Priller
    My MAC is new and totally up to date but I do NOT wish to install a separate Windows boot sector - NOT HAPPENING AT ALL....
    So technically, it's not compatible since it's running on a Windows OS and not Mac OS....

Wink

Come on, it was a crystal clear jab at the ten minute usage limitation of the demo.
    To each their own I suppose - especially due to the very existence of this sub-forum here....

Let me put it differently: I give you about a dozen more sessions with the demo until you're fed up with its ten minute time limitation and buy the entire simulator.

Why the trolling? Especially given your an ex-admin???

Question

Let me put it differently: I give you about a dozen more sessions with the demo until you're fed up with its ten minute time limitation and buy the entire simulator.

What makes you so certain?
    Especially with this sub-forum here?
    Note: I am capable of independent thought and coming to my own conclusions...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Why the trolling? Especially given your an ex-admin???
    What's trolling?
    All my comments have been 100% positive and with positive anticipation of enjoying this on my MAC.

You're looking in the WRONG place for trolling.....Sorry to disappoint you...
    If you want a troller, look at Bjoern's 100% negative comments....

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted your comment about to each their own...

Sorry, the whole thread has me confused.

I just bought it a few weeks ago, invested a couple hundred in it to try it out and make it a little bit equivalent to my FSX installation. But then A2A had a sale and I'm back on FSX for a while while as I'd been holding off on buying their planes for a long time.

X-plane seems pretty good to me, I've got a lot to learn, and I think it's still got a ways to go to become good all around. But I'll definitely be using it, too, going forward. Haven't upgraded to P3D yet, but that'll be coming soon, too.

My use case is, mostly, I'm looking for planes that are 100% system modeled as far as procedural use is concerned, from Cherokees to warbirds. I'm hoping this summer I might get some co-pilot time in maybe a warbird or two, so I want to be prepared. Plus, I love that I can fly planes I've always dreamed of flying, and I really want to learn what it really takes to fly them. (i.e. Beavers, floatplanes in general, Cubs, WACO's, Stearman and taildraggers in general, military training aircraft from the 30's on up to modern day, Corsairs and Lightnings and the like, Golden age aircraft, a propliner here and there. Not really interested in the big iron though)

I'm using it on Windows though, so I don't have much thought about Mac's. I was never able to figure out how to use that operating system.

What's trolling?
    All my comments have been 100% positive and with positive anticipation of enjoying this on my MAC.

You're looking in the WRONG place for trolling.....Sorry to disappoint you...
    If you want a troller, look at Bjoern's 100% negative comments....
    Yeah, I didn't get that at all. Who cares if you're using the demo or not?

As far as I can tell, ground handling and handling in the water is just not there yet in X-Plane. The flying feels similar in fidelity to FSX, but I haven't really pushed the envelope yet, like really gotten deep into stalling and edge of the envelope maneuvers, so maybe it's better there. I really only fly high fidelity models on FSX so there's that. All in all, I'm certainly not blown away by it. But it's good.

I imagine your point was that it works on Mac? It was hard for me to tell if you were serious or sarcastic.

Icon2

Sorry, the whole thread has me confused.
    A bit of history...
    I used to be HEAVY into the Microsoft FS community - REALLY HEAVY...(Hence the "ex-moderator" status)....

Not too long after the release of FSX, my computer died & I quit cold turkey. I just grew tired of spending $$$ chasing frame rates in FSX.
    And thus, since about 2009, I haven't gone back and instead found a new fun hobby/profession in photography....

My MAC is new and totally up to date but I do NOT wish to install a separate Windows boot sector - NOT HAPPENING AT ALL....
    So technically, it's not compatible since it's running on a Windows OS and not Mac OS....
    Who's talking about a seperate windows boot sector? I referred to boot camp, that is something different altogether. Moreover, Mac OS also offers the possibility of mounting a Windows virtual machine on which you can install whatever Flightsim tickles your fancy. Like a true 64 bit flightsim like Prepar3D v4.5. It's a lot more mature than XP.

Priller

Not too long after the release of FSX, my computer died & I quit cold turkey. I just grew tired of spending $$$ chasing frame rates in FSX.
    And thus, since about 2009, I haven't gone back and instead found a new fun hobby/profession in photography....
    Another great way of spending cubic $$$ Ed.......
    Moving to a very scenic location tipped me over the edge.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

What makes you so certain?
    Especially with this sub-forum here?
    Note: I am capable of independent thought and coming to my own conclusions...
    Yeah, I didn't get that at all. Who cares if you're using the demo or not?
    Okay, so so apparently my comments were laced with so much dryness (note: I was relating my own experience), that all who attempted to cross and see the humor behind them died of thirst and were eaten by vultures.
    I should have used more smileys.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Another great way of spending cubic $$$ Ed.......
    Moving to a very scenic location tipped me over the edge.
    LoL but I make $$ from photography whereas I made zero money from simming....

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Who's talking about a seperate windows boot sector? I referred to boot camp, that is something different altogether. Moreover, Mac OS also offers the possibility of mounting a Windows virtual machine on which you can install whatever Flightsim tickles your fancy. Like a true 64 bit flightsim like Prepar3D v4.5. It's a lot more mature than XP.

Priller
    Understood but - I don't want to run Windows on this machine....Regardless if it's a virtual as well...
    Also please keep in mind that I don't have the time to dive into this like before....At most an hour or so a week....X-Plane looks like it will scratch that flight itch perfectly....

I like how X-Plane looks and runs right out of the box. It is a breath of fresh air compared with my previous experiences with various MS sims. There was always something to tweak or adjust, which is fun until you spend more time tweaking and not flying.

Panther,

i hope you enjoy, and welcome back to the world of virtual aviating.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    I like how X-Plane looks and runs right out of the box. It is a breath of fresh air compared with my previous experiences with various MS sims. There was always something to tweak or adjust, which is fun until you spend more time tweaking and not flying.

Panther,

i hope you enjoy, and welcome back to the world of virtual aviating.
    Well said since I don't have any 'tweaking' time & thanks!

LoL but I make $$ from photography whereas I made zero money from simming....
    I just seem to keep handing out lots of Pacific Pesos for extra kit, I collected an A3+ printer and a 'professional' scanner a few weeks ago.
    At least I can clear my backlog of ancient B&W film.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I just seem to keep handing out lots of Pacific Pesos for extra kit, I collected an A3+ printer and a 'professional' scanner a few weeks ago.
    At least I can clear my backlog of ancient B&W film.
    I've recently began shooting Polaroids. (You can get either average new ones by Polaroid Originals, or refurbished ones that are just like brand new!)
    They can be sold for $3-5 USD an image.

Members who have read this thread: 0