ATL98 Carvair converstion for CFS2 by UncleTgt

Thread: ATL98 Carvair converstion for CFS2 by UncleTgt

ATL98 Carvair converstion for CFS2 by UncleTgt

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: JW ATL98 Carvair for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This is a conversion of the FS2004 ATL98 Carvair by Jon Walton, FSAviator & Maarten Brouwer.

Any crashcheck or g_lightstate entries in the model have been removed, so it can be flown in Freeflight or Quick Combat. A new airfile was developed for CFS2, as was a new DP file. The dp file uses kelticheart exhaust effects. Payloads included are US Jeeps(should really be civilian vehicles), various cargo options using the FDG C-47 cargo weapons.

The panel is lifted straight from Dvslats DC-4 conversion & is WIN7+ safe. Unfortunately I couldn't get the VC panel instruments to show but we do have a passable VC view.

The sound is aliased to the stock B24D Liberator, but I recommend using the DC-4 soundpack by Willy McCoy, available at SOH.

The front door opens with the normal cockpit open/close command. The rear cargo door can be opened by using the extend/retract concorde nose command.

The external textures were adapted from the blank silver DC-4 textures Oldwheat did for his Berlin Airlift DC-4 textures, with paint/markings added over the top.

The textures included are: Plain silver textures - This uses Oldwheat's unmarked silver DC-4 textures, cut, pasted & adapted to fit the Carvair model.

F-BMHV - 'Cdt Max Guedj' of Cie Air Transport. Used on the Paris/Saigon DC-4 route in the mid-60's.

N33AC - Used by Cambodge Airways & abandoned at Phnom Penh airport, April 1975 when the airfield was overrun by Khmer Rouge forces.

NZ3636 - fictional skin representing 40 squadron RNZAF circa 1962. 40 sqn used Hastings, DC-6s & later on C-130s to support RNZAF forces in Vietnam & Laos. This is a "what if" heavy lift transport repaint.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Jon Walton, FSAviator & Maarten Brouwer for the original FS2004 ATL98 Carvair.

Dvslats for his DC-4 conversion, which was the source for the 2D panel.

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his prop bitmaps & exhaust effects.

Oldwheat for his plain alum DC-4 textures, which provided the base for the new textures.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

MAY 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ATL98 Carvair CFS2 UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Very nice work. Looking at that nose structure, you can see the genesis of the upper deck superstructure that Boeing and Airbus used in the 747 and A380; it's a really interesting visual!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Thanks UT! As usual, beautiful work!

MR

"A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Very nice work Uncle!

Members who have read this thread: 1