How to fly the Milviz ADV Phantom?

Thread: How to fly the Milviz ADV Phantom?

Hybrid View

How to fly the Milviz ADV Phantom?

I have had the Milviz ADV F-4J since it was released, and have never figured out a easy way to trim this aircraft to be able to successfully fly it.

Within seconds of taking off, the aircraft becomes a airborne bucking bronco. Is there a way to autotrim this beast? It is so damn hard to control. NC

In the MVAMS application (that external app to configure your aircraft from Milviz), check the Phantom configuration, especially the dead zones. I set them to zero, else I get a very strange behavior in flight.
    Excepted that, I can't remember right now, but isn't there some dampening system to activate in the cockpit ? For roll and pitch ?
    I love the Milviz Phantoms so much and I don't have any issues to fly them (excepted an engine burning from time to time when I'm in the parking, waiting for that damned INS to warm up...)

You trimmed 2 units nose down trim before takeoff?

All 3 SAS switches on?

Trim commands assigned in the MVAMS?

@Daube the pitch/roll damp and deadzones are only for the Control Stick Steering mode when the autopilot attitude hold is on.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    You trimmed 2 units nose down trim before takeoff?

All 3 SAS switches on?

Trim commands assigned in the MVAMS?

@Daube the pitch/roll damp and deadzones are only for the Control Stick Steering mode when the autopilot attitude hold is on.

Thanks for your reply (and Daube's as well!). I will confirm all the above and report back! NC

Please! I have the same problems.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Well, I tried applying the 2 units of Nose trim down adjustment. It is still very difficult to control. Not fun to fly, unless I can get this figured out. I understand this ADV model was designed to add more realism, but this is not cool! Beautiful model though. NC

Members who have read this thread: 3