How to fly the Milviz ADV Phantom? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How to fly the Milviz ADV Phantom?

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thanks OB. 4.5.
    That may be it then. AFAIK, support for the 'standard' verdion ended at 4.3. You require the ADV installer to tun on 4.4 or 4.5.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    That may be it then. AFAIK, support for the 'standard' verdion ended at 4.3. You require the ADV installer to tun on 4.4 or 4.5.
    Yes - that’s the premise in my question from earlier today. That does getting ADV get me a working product or not. I’m hearing conflicting accounts, where folks have gotten ADV and still had issues with the product working anywhere as good in p3dv4 as it did in FSX.

Frankly, for the caliber of what is claimed and charged, it’s increasingly looking like an untenable cluster.

Your best source of support is in the official product forums at milviz.com.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Your best source of support is in the official product forums at milviz.com.
    No. I believe you’re missing the point. Support come after the purchase, if required. The issue is whether this purchase is likely to work as claimed.

Is purchasing the ADV module refundable? No, not the last time I checked.

So if I’m buying it, I’d want to be hedging with a reasonable degree of certainty that what I’m buying will perform as claimed, if requirements and installation procedures are met and followed.

Thus far, I’m seeing a fair number of folks who, notwithstanding meeting requirements and following procedures, are getting questionable results.

So since I’m bearing that risk, not Milviz, I’ll educate myself as to that risk how and where I choose. And incidentally, given the yet unresolved issues I have with this model in FSX, it’d be naive to expect I’ll extend that risk even further, without the counsel of trusted peers in a community I’ve been a part of for a decade and half.

Thanks.

DL

It's unflyable for me with the ADV module in P3Dv4.5.
    I've uninstalled it …..

For me as well, but I still have it in my aircraft "library" in P3DV4.5. I hold out hope that maybe someday Milviz can do something to improve the simplicity of the FD, as it was previously, prior to the ADV model. I understand realism and all, but..... NC

Blog Entries
    Thanks to all who’ve posted and pm’ed.

I have a good sense on how to proceed.

Regards,

DL

You are quite correct, I did misunderstand your point. Nonetheless, pre-purchase support is available in the general aircraft specific forums directly from the personnel involved in the project.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

So after some research, start out with -.5 units of trim or more. And, isolate the #7 aft fuselage tank by turning OFF the transfer valve. This helps to reduce the aft CG with only tanks or in slick config. The jet was much easier to control and responded to nose down trim after takeoff.
    Now, spins... I'm a dead man.
    I pass gas!

Blog Entries
    So I decided to give this all a try. Got the ADV module in, put in the control settings into the MVAMS tool. I found direct vs raw input did nothing. But the down-trim, full-right sensitivity with no null zone calibration settings makes the plane reasonably controllable. That's the good news.

But if I slew, for whatever reason, as in to reposition on deck, etc. - the sim crashes. Nothing has ever caused P3DV4.5 to crash - ever. Any thoughts on why? I'm about to just throw it all in the bin, but figured I'd see if the brain trust has some insight.

Thoughts?

dl

So no one has figured out how to make Milviz's Phantom ADV controllable? I manage to take off using the AFCS and fly well enough, but as soon as I set up the plane for landing by lowering the landing gear, the flaps extended and the nose points downwards in an unrecoverable dive.
    I read of several users who like me have preferred to uninstall the product ... a pity.

You would think that it is like a 737 MAX...

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post
    So no one has figured out how to make Milviz's Phantom ADV controllable? I manage to take off using the AFCS and fly well enough, but as soon as I set up the plane for landing by lowering the landing gear, the flaps extended and the nose points downwards in an unrecoverable dive.
    I read of several users who like me have preferred to uninstall the product ... a pity.

Just a thought, Fulvio.

Why don't you approach Milviz with your problem, and if you manage to solve it, report back here so the others can have a go at your solution?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Just a thought, Fulvio.

Why don't you approach Milviz with your problem, and if you manage to solve it, report back here so the others can have a go at your solution?
    Thanks for your reply, Mark. After reading this discussion but also elsewhere, it seems to me that others have tried what you have suggested, but without success as it is a problem that not everyone has and is perhaps therefore difficult to solve.
    Unfortunately, as you have read, several users have found easier to stop using this excellent product.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Mark. After reading this discussion but also elsewhere, it seems to me that others have tried what you have suggested, but without success as it is a problem that not everyone has and is perhaps therefore difficult to solve.
    Unfortunately, as you have read, several users have found easier to stop using this excellent product.
    Yep, I share your frustration. No traction for this problem in the support forum yet it's clearly common. I can not think of any reason why some, but apparently not all, find if unflyable.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Members who have read this thread: 3