Historical planes in nys.....

Thread: Historical planes in nys.....

Historical planes in nys.....

...I live in a area that has a flight path to LAG and also at time to HPN. At appox 1130 hrs (5/18/2019) I was doing something inside my house when I heard a mixture of sounds that sounded familiar. I looked outside and, low and behold, I saw three C-47' in formation flying low over my area. I ran (with my cat running with me) to my front door and caught sight of a LARGE formation pf WW2 planes going over my house. I saw the 3 C-47's, what looked like some B-17's, and a a low cover of three fighters. There was a larger plane in the lead but I only caught a fleeting sight of it .(TREES!!!!)
    I know there are some here who work with these historical planes. Anyone know where they are heading?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Could they be gathering for the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day invasion? Mustering before flying to Europe for the anniversary?

D-Day Squadron To Kick Off Epic Journey With Statue Of Liberty Flyover

There was a flyover of the Statue of Liberty today, 18 May, to kick off the celebration- prior to transatlantic flight to England. There will be a trans English Channel flight by 30 C-47s, gathered from around the world, on the morning of June 6.

MR

PS: FYI, I Googled on "c-47s heading for air show"
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks mr....

.....tried every variation with C-47 except what you did. Even tried local newspapers and TV and didn't find a peep about it. Usually when there is a fly-over the birds roost somewhere temporarily and you can visit them. Again not a peep locally, but this is NYstan.

Fibber,

There's supposed to be a huge flyover here in VA at the D-Day Memorial in Bedford next week. Radio spots mentioned C-47's and other WWII era planes.

Members who have read this thread: 0