Just Flight and Iris Vucan merge

Thread: Just Flight and Iris Vucan merge

Just Flight and Iris Vucan merge

Has anyone merged the Just Flight Vulcan interior into the Iris Vulcan? This would appear to offer a good number more Vulcan Squadrons. I know that my Iris Vulcans DO work as is in P3Dv4 as is. However the superior JF interior and "ready to fly option are compelling. If someone can confirm it works, I think I'm going to buy the JF Vulcan.Bill

Theoretically, you should be able to take the interior mdl file from the Model folder and put it in the IRIS vulcan model folder, you'd need to edit the model.cfg to point to the correct interior name though.

Also, you'd need to make sure all the VC textures from the JF product and systems details merged across.

You'd have to do this all without breaching the JF EULA.

Theoretically it's possible, but likely fiddly as all hell.

DLB.

Wouldnt it be easier to request the desired sqdns that youre after, the paint kit is very easy to do both cam and anti flash paints. Adding serials and sqn markings would be about a 30min or less job.

As for merging VC its straight forward and not hard if you want to go down that path, you can youtube it as there are heaps of tutorials out there

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Has anyone merged the Just Flight Vulcan interior into the Iris Vulcan? This would appear to offer a good number more Vulcan Squadrons. I know that my Iris Vulcans DO work as is in P3Dv4 as is. However the superior JF interior and "ready to fly option are compelling. If someone can confirm it works, I think I'm going to buy the JF Vulcan.Bill
    Not answering your question really, but if you have the IRIS Vulcan I'd simply say stick with it. The [short] start sequence is a breeze (and quick) after a couple of goes. I'd also be more compelled to buy the JF version if it included functioning rear crew VC and PBR textures... both of which would be significant advantages/USP over IRIS...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0