Lookin for a plane

Thread: Lookin for a plane

Lookin for a plane

I'm in the middle of revamping a campaign and have a question for all of you: Does anyone know of a kamikaze download that has the "Judy" as one of the planes. I have the Zero, Oscar and "idiot" Baka but no Judy.

Suggestions?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

There isn't one but you can make one easily enough with Pen32Win's kamikaze pack.

Replace the engine box in the Judy's .dp with the kamikaze Zero's (cut and paste). Replace the Judy's dp payload with a 2000lb US bomb. Put Pen32Win's fx_kamikaze1.fx effect in the effects folder. Voila! a kamikaze Judy. Just follow the mission building instructions included in the package to get it working.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks Captain... I never thought of that.

"Replace the engine box in the Judy's .dp with the kamikaze Zero's (cut and paste)." Did you mean the [Piston Engine] data on the .cfg?
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; May 18th, 2019 at 13:31.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Yeah, I didn't explain that very well did I?

In the dp there are different "boxes' sections of the .dp. they describe the the areas of the airplane, like, left wing, right wing, nose, engine, etc. Different sections describe the physical location of each part of the plane, the name of the part of the plane, and amount of damage each part can take and the effects that happen when the damage occurs.

What you are looking for in the Judy .dp is the [EFFECTS.xx] xx= numeric sequence

You want to replace the Judy dp section [EFFECTS.xx] ; System = engine section
    with the one you copy from the Zero which looks like this:

[EFFECTS.2]
    ; system = engine
    location = 0.003,0.039,0.953
    effect.0=1,LIBRARY,fx_kamikaze1_1,
    effect.1=2,LIBRARY,fx_kamikaze1_1,
    effect.2=3,LIBRARY,fx_kamikaze1_1,
    effect.3=7,LIBRARY,fx_kamikaze2_1,
    effect.4=9,LIBRARY,fx_kamikaze2_1,
    effect.5=100,BREAK,,
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

See here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=60&id=18224

I also posted many other aircraft types in the Jap Skins section...

Shoot Uncle, I should have remembered that. I even have them in my Jap aircraft collection. Another senior moment, sigh.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Shoot Uncle, I should have remembered that. I even have them in my Jap aircraft collection. Another senior moment, sigh.
    Don't feel bad Captain... we all have our CRS-senior moments. Thanks for the clarification.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0