To yoke or not to yoke....?

Thread: To yoke or not to yoke....?

To yoke or not to yoke....?

....well which yoke to chose?

Hello gentlemen,

I have always used the CH Eclipse yoke and I am on my second one in eight years -which is now starting to play up- and was wondering if I should stay with CH or give the Logitech G Pro Flight Yoke System a go...?

I would like some of your input to help me decide if I should change sides or stick with what i know...? I have never had the later and would like to hear from those whom have it and what their opinions are of it?

I have a joystick and only use it when i am flying "a stick" aircraft. So using a stick on an yoke aircraft dose not cut with me....sorry.

Anyhow, i really do appreciate all of your inputs and lets see what the outcome will be.

Thank you for your time.
    Tim.

I use the Saitek system, now Logitek, and like it. Never used the CH one, so can't compare. Adding throttle pacs is easy for multi-engine aircraft.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I have a joystick and only use it when i am flying "a stick" aircraft. So using a stick on an yoke aircraft dose not cut with me....sorry.
    I learned in gliders, originally, back before I could drive, and since then, I've been of the firm opinion that one flies an aircraft with a stick, and drives a car with a steering wheel, and never the twain shall meet.
    Where aircraft makers got the idea that planes should be flown with a steering wheel, I have no idea. To me, a stick is much more intuitive for control of a vehicle in 3 dimensions than a wheel. You move the stick as you want the aircraft to move. There must be a reason the military has stuck with sticks for high performance fighters and such.

Yes, I've flown aircraft with yokes, but to me, it always felt wrong somehow. I kept wondering where the turn signal lever was...

All this is, of course, merely my opinion, for whatever that might be worth. Very little, I realize.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0