Exhaust fx's question

Thread: Exhaust fx's question

Exhaust fx's question

I've got a question regarding the fx files in cfs2..what proggie would I use to create/modify those specific files?

I gots an idea and I cant let it go until I fall on my face with it...:faint::help:

Hey gedm, I wish there was a proggie for modifying .fx files. The only one that I know of is Notepad. I've also been trying to modify some of these, but with poor results. Emitters, particles, particle attributes....without some type of guide it is really hit or miss, at least for me. Maybe some of the more advanced modders here might have some notes saved?

Thanks Dvslats, I was wanting to try and make a more detailed flame effect for an engine fire using an enhanced exhaust type effect.

Somebody's got to have the holy grail for these things, they had to come from somewhere..right!?!

Well, one thing I do know is that the engfire.fx will call up a .bmp from the TEXTURES folder. Stiz made a modified .bmp for this awhile back. Personally I think it looks much better then the original. As far as the controlling of the texture in the.fx file...???? It's Greek to me...and I do not speak Greak.

Sounds like apples and oranges. I replaced all the engine fire effects in my test plane dp. with various exhaust fx just to see what would happen.
    What I got was little blue fires with exhaust smoke streamers coming off the wings etc.
    Not a complete loss but, it did suggest that maybe the exhaust effect could be modified to look like a flickering engine flame..

Sounds Like A Plan

Probably the best way to find out what does what. Sounds interesting though...let us know what you come up with.