Cessna 140 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cessna 140 released

Cessna 140 released

She's up and running. Choice of spats (or not) and floats, worn (or not) interiors. Please be sure to read the buying info carefully. Like the Heinkel you can buy for just P3DV4+ or V3+(nad FSX) or a bundle of both. Happy flying!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CockC.jpg   AlloyB.jpg   SwissD.jpg   WinestripesB.jpg  

Thanks to ORBX releasing the freeware Campbell River scenery today, you now have the perfect place to base the 140 floatplane. Thanks ORBX.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAE3B.jpg   CAE3A.jpg   CAE3C.jpg   CAE3D.jpg  

This will be one of the first things I purchase when I return from vacation in June.

Beautiful job, Baz & team.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Agree, must to have also . It looks stuning!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just looking at the product page I find that the floats on the 140 look way to short..or is it me!?

To me the floats on a Cessna 140 started before the prop line and ended just past the 5th fuselage former.

Hard to tell but doubt that AH could make such a basic mistake.
    And then how many manufacturers supplied float kits for the 140?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Variations seem to be the name of the game.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thank you gentlemen. Clearly my perspective eye needs calibrating....

I can clear this up. Some of the screens were taken before or during beta testing. We did indeed have them too small and they were adjusted for the release model.

Absolutely beautiful. I do not have a white nav light on the rudder, though. Doesn't show in a youtube vid or aircraft.cfg, either. Can we fix this?
    Many Thanks,
    62stratfan

Regrettably, the light effect didn't make it into the installers. We are at work on an update.

A new SP is available (or will be very soon at all vendors) . We have addressed some issues with the models to improve things, particularly with the floats. Also, transposed the positions of the air vents and fuel gauges (from customer feedback suggestions) and reworked a little of the flight files to improve the performance curve of the engine, flaps effect and contacts. Oh and put that tail light in...

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​I purchased it from AH site so I download the SP from there Bazz?

EDIT: All good now. Went to the download link in my email and it showed v1.1. Thanks mate.
    Last edited by AussieMan; May 25th, 2019 at 18:55.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

No worries Pat and thankyou very much for buying.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    A new SP is available (or will be very soon at all vendors) . We have addressed some issues with the models to improve things, particularly with the floats. Also, transposed the positions of the air vents and fuel gauges (from customer feedback suggestions) and reworked a little of the flight files to improve the performance curve of the engine, flaps effect and contacts. Oh and put that tail light in...
    Bought also, just Today.
    I have AH_C140_P3DV4+_v1.0 so here no SP yet I think (PCAviator).
    I'll wait and thank You.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

At some angles canopy looks like without windshield (external only). Just idea to improve this part of texture (and You can do this - example He-111 ) .

Tested 1.0v.

no SP yet I think (PCAviator).
    Still waiting for Just Flight, too. I wonder if someone can explain the yellow and green .dds texture files and how they are made. Never seen those before.

Best,
    62stratfan

Hmm, I noticed the same problem like with He-111 with antialiasting - very hard to solve it by the sim.

I wrote about it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1181579

BUT what its a good news I find solution.

You didnt use MipMaps when You created this textures? Why?

Please see this difference:

I created "NewfuselageB.dds" with mipmaps, please to see the line.

Any chance to solve it? External and Internal textures.

I'll send You a mail also.

Quote Originally Posted by 62stratfan View Post
    Still waiting for Just Flight, too. I wonder if someone can explain the yellow and green .dds texture files and how they are made. Never seen those before.

Best,
    62stratfan
    With PBR, the texture process different. With FSX style finishes, one uses diffusion, spec, normal(bump) etc. In PBR the major ones are Albedo (like a diffusion in a way), Metalness (the "yellow/green" one to which you refer) and Normal (same as a "Bump"). There are a stack more but P3D does not use them properly or if at all. The Metalness controls a couple of things, the "shine" ( a bit like specular) and ambient occlusion (form of shadowing but more subtle and controllable).

There's a bit more to it than that but this is the simplest way to explain it I think. If P3D does go full PBR with V5, you will see a marked difference in the results.

Here is full res picture with outside texture with MipMaps direct from the sim - a lot of better I suppose (I converted it as example):

The quality is +100% and only 5Mb more (16Mb to 21Mb). The best way is to do all outside texture and inside. The rest (like PBR, bumps) is ok. Only shell textures. Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Here is full res picture with outside texture with MipMaps direct from the sim - a lot of better I suppose (I converted it as example):

The quality is +100% and only 5Mb more (16Mb to 21Mb). The best way is to do all outside texture and inside. The rest (like PBR, bumps) is ok. Only shell textures. Pretty please.
    As I said in my email. You are using enhancements to tweak P3D. The Cessna is built to a common stock P3D. To build a cessna to work on your system may/will break it for others. Therefore if you want to add mip maps to all your textures for personal use ... by all means do it. However due to the vastly disparate systems out there ( both from performance as well as capabilities wise ) most developers will choose the most common configurations. Compromising certain aspects for a broader appeal.

An increase of 5mb per texture might not seem like a lot to someone who is running a good system however for someone like me who doesnt have a good system that texture load onto the video card would have a dramatic effect on frame rates. I hope you understand that in your case the fixes that you prescribe may work. For others it wont.

If you tweak your system then the onus is on you to understand what you have done should a circumstance arrive where something doesn't work as advertised.

There's a bit more to it than that but this is the simplest way to explain it I think.
    OK, all that does make sense. How do you make the yellow/green dds? Is there a plug-in or a process in the paint program? If we can't make the appropriate dds's, then trying repainting is going to be pointless.

Many Thanks,
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by 62stratfan View Post
    OK, all that does make sense. How do you make the yellow/green dds? Is there a plug-in or a process in the paint program? If we can't make the appropriate dds's, then trying repainting is going to be pointless.

Many Thanks,
    62stratfan
    Heres the pbr material SDK from Lockheed martin.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/mo...materials.html

If you want to do a repaint then those are the parameters needed.
    The pertinent part for the yellow green is :
    Metallic Map : that determines the metallic nature of the material. The metallic map must also contain a smoothness map and potentially an ambient occlusion map. These need to be packed in the following channels: R = Metallic, G = Occlusion, B = Empty, A = Smoothness.

Do a search for "packed RGB" online will show up some plugins for photoshop or standalone programmes that can combine for you. Beware some follow the UE4 method of packing which puts the metal/rough into a different channel. Or you sit in photoshop with 3 images open and the fourth is the empty M map and you copy the metal into the red channel of the blank , the shadowing into the green of the blank( I would use ours as that is the shadowing and I dont think you're going to change that ) and a smoothness into the alpha channel of the blank document. Time consuming but do-able.

Funny really but around 8 months ago we had this discussion where I said that repainters are going to have trouble with repainting pbr due to the packed nature of textures... yeah people laughed at me back then. I actually think that PBR repaints wont be as prevalent as FSX repaints but again that is an unpopular opinion.

If you want to do a re-skin then all you need to do is to repaint the diffuse texture and dont need to worry about the _m texture at all. If you are doing a chrome one then use the chrome _m maps. etc.

Many thanks, pilto von pilto. That actually sheds quite a bit of light on this (up to now) obscure topic. I think I'll give it a try, but it may be more trouble than it's worth. No one should have been laughing, however, as your prophesy is likely coming true!

Besides, as near as I can tell, the metal/wine example has no N or NC number anywhere on it. We can't have that!

Best,
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    As I said in my email. You are using enhancements to tweak P3D....
    Hi pilto von pilto,
    thx for reply here because I didnt recive email with reply.

Ok, I'll ask more people about this issue (FSX corner and Avsim) but I cant agree - "its only Your problem".

PTA didnt affect antialiasing (I'll do test with default shaders and back here to You, no problem) and as I wrote before - I havent this antialiasing problem on the other models and with AH models also before He-111.

You changed a saved option and I havent idea why ; ) (A2A uses MipMaps for textures also as many developers , You can check also C140 of AH and C170 of Carenado <- here is ok).

This doesnt look good for me, lines with 4xSSAA looks very askew and model "flickers" for me if You change the angle of view:

and MipMaps can solve it.

Members who have read this thread: 2