Cessna 140 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cessna 140 released

Cessna 140 released

She's up and running. Please be sure to study the buying info. You can buy for 1) FSX/SE and P3DV3+ 2) P3DV4+ ONLY or 3) A bundle of both. Have fun!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BluestripeA.jpg   ScribB.jpg   Trims.jpg   WinestripesA.jpg  

Looks like another definite addition Baz.
    I can justify it to 'her indoors' as she spent up big when we passed through Paris a few weeks ago!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

She is a beauty! there goes the creditcard....

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

I just went from a old man of 73 to a young man of 23, flying this Cessna brings back the past! Thank you For this GREAT CESSNA PLANE ! Lee

What a FANTASTIC little aircraft! I don't get this enthusiastic very often, but that's as much fun as I've had in the sim in a long time, apart from my hours on Manfred's C-47. In fact, it's the perfect personal ride for a C-47 driver... and a perfect cure for all the overwrought, overcomplicated stuff I've been trying to do recently. Flies like a dream and it's just such a great, relaxed, peaceful experience. Looks amazing, too, inside and out. I'm going to be putting a lot of hours on this one. Many, many thanks!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Thanks Alan, it sounds like you're using it for the purpose it was designed. Kick back and enjoy...

Just a warning to some, you may want to wait and buy this from a third party if you have Comcast. I've been unable to update my planes from them because Comcast blocks their e-mails for me. I'll be buying this as soon as it's at one of the third party stores that carries their work. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. They (AH) worked with me to try and fix the problem to no avail, and it isn't their fault. I just wanted to let you guys know.

Could this plane be a hot item in XP11?
    YES :- )

If the swift goes well, perhaps the lil cessna will join her.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bpfowler View Post
    Could this plane be a hot item in XP11?
    YES :- )

If the swift goes well, perhaps the lil cessna will join her.
    +1, it would be a must buy fit me. Wonderful little aircraft.

A few textures issues

Aeroplane Heaven site photos of the aircraft do not have these issues in pictures posted
    purchased at Just Flight all versions down loaded V1.0 for FSX

wings are two different colors... sorry did not check every paint for issues...
    gap on right wing is on all aircraft including Floats

The VC has a few issues as well

maybe just flight didn't get final version

She gonna be a keeper!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-19_16-35-24-781.jpg   2019-5-19_16-21-42-677.jpg  

That's interesting.We haven't seen that before. We'll check into it. JF have the same release as everybody else. We'll patch if we find something.

Patch is now with all vendors and at our site. When you see it, please re-download. We have fixed the wing issue and a few other things around the model.If you run P3DV4+ you don't need the patch. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Patch is now with all vendors and at our site. When you see it, please re-download. We have fixed the wing issue and a few other things around the model.If you run P3DV4+ you don't need the patch. Thanks.
    Thanks Bazzer:

The patch fixed the problem. I think this is an example of great customer service.

Barry

Paint kit availability

Does anyone know if there is a paint kit available of the C140?

Button called downloads on the product page. It gives you the 2 paintkits you need ( and since you're in the FSX forum - you'll want the non-pbr paintkit... unless you got the bundle but are only asking in the FSX forum in which case you'll need the PBR one as well ).

Small tip get both as you can take bits from the red and green channels of the metallic texture in the PBR paintkit and layer them on the Non-pbr version to get some more interesting and randomness... I might need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Button called downloads on the product page. It gives you the 2 paintkits you need ( and since you're in the FSX forum - you'll want the non-pbr paintkit... unless you got the bundle but are only asking in the FSX forum in which case you'll need the PBR one as well ).

Small tip get both as you can take bits from the red and green channels of the metallic texture in the PBR paintkit and layer them on the Non-pbr version to get some more interesting and randomness... I might need to get out more.

Thanks Pilto,

I've repeatedly tried to download the paint kit from their site. The buttons only take me back to the home screen. Have you, or anyone, actually downloaded the Paint kit for the C140???? If so, I will contact Aeroplane Heaven.

Barry

I D/Led the PBR paint kit from Just Flight without issue.
    62stratfan

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Thanks Pilto,

I've repeatedly tried to download the paint kit from their site. The buttons only take me back to the home screen. Have you, or anyone, actually downloaded the Paint kit for the C140???? If so, I will contact Aeroplane Heaven.

Barry
    It isnt working for me either. I will contact AH as well.

I am from AH and yes there is an issue with the download and I am fixing it right now

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post

Thank you Sir.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-22_20-10-57-552.jpg  

Great plane and fun to fly! Great work Barry!

Cees

Thanks Cees, appreciated.

Everyone, there's a new patch gone up to the vendors. Customer feedback suggested we transpose the fuel gauges and air vent positions to reflect the more common position and we've corrected some model issues to improve the floats and a few other things. There's a small adjustment to the aircraft config (contacts) and we've improved the performance curve of the engine a tad. It should be with all the vendors very soon. For those who bought from us, we have the patch up and available. Thanks.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​I have purchased this beauty but recently got a new MB in my computer but it won't run my flight sims so still grounded.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hi, Id like to ask the other users of C140 and .... antialiasing here (tested in P3Dv4.5 1.0v), especially users P3Dv4.4+ version (textures with PBR).
    Maybe this only on my spec and on P3Dv4.

I noticed very poor antialising on this model (especially on lines for sure) - on external and internal textures. Whole model "flickers" for me if You change the angle of view. I cant solve it by biggest antialising settings (like 8xSSAA) in P3D but its present still.
    Strange because I didn't notice this symptom on my other models. I use 4xSSAA what is very good kind of antialiasing for me for Prepar3D and it's enough for me.

Most visible poor antialising is on Well-used skin:

I wrote about it in P3D corner http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1186350 + I find solution: this repaint didnt use MipMaps.
    The difference is a huge as You can see (default texture and the same created by me, please see both parts of the model and lines):

For sure I can make over all textures with MipMaps but if You noticed the same its a bigger problem and it needs to be solved by developer directly.

What did You think? Did You notice the same antialising problem on C140 compared the others?

Here is example with MiPMaps (I did it as example):

As You see line are very good and no antialising problem here.

Btw. I didnt notice the same with other models and models of AH before He-111 (AH changed kind of textures from He-111).

Regards!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Concerning the new V 1.2 This is about the FSX version

Once again I downloaded the newest patched version (V 1.2) of the little C140 with great anticipation. Problem......with the new download in the polished skins, the gap for the non existent landing light on the right wing is back. Which in reality doesn't bother me much because the shine on the polished versions are like chrome..........I've fooled with the alpha and that is not the problem........I mean it's a problem for me, because I can't seem to get any good results with the alpha. What is the fuse A texture used for in the FSX modeling??? If anyone can tell me how to dull down the polished skin a bit or if anyone can come up with a realistic aluminum finish and do it with no markings or trim at all, for FSX, I'll be in your debt. Thanks to all who are interested in this. I am delighted with Baz's customer service and in no way and I disappointed with the cute little model. I just have a hard time with gaps in then wing and aluminum finishes I can't really see as realistic. I absolutely go gaga over polished or even, once polished, now dull aluminum and red schemes.

Thanks for reading

Barry

Hi Barry,

This first shot is what you should be looking at if you have installed V1.2 correctly. The example HB-CAD is or was owned by Stephane Baillard who kept his aeroplane extremely highly polished. Here's a shot of the real HB-CAD in the Alps and our model also in the virtual Alps. Fiddle away as you will on the polished examples but I can promise you they, and many more examples, do exist like that. We do include a well-worn alloy example as well.

BTW, please use our help desk if you experience problems, it is the fastest way we can get to you. We are not always around here because we're busy working.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PolishedCessna.jpg   Cessna140-HBCAD-01-ExpNoF,large.1532624406.jpg   SwissD.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0