So, this morning I did this (Avro paint)

Thread: So, this morning I did this (Avro paint)

So, this morning I did this (Avro paint)

Now, for a change a real aeroplane.

According to it's registration history , G-ABZP was registered to the Portsmouth , Southsea & Isle of Wight Aviation Co Ltd, in August of 1939 , previous to which it was at Doncaster Aero Club as one of Alan Cobham's Flying Circus mounts ; So , it may never have actually worn the company corporate livery (of which this is my rendition with a few additions). Its' registration and C of A were cancelled in 1945 after the post-war aeroplane census , so sadly it seems it never survived.

The P S IoW A Co Ltd, was started in 1932 by one Lionel Balfour, who also happened to own (or part own) Ryde Airport on the Isle of Wight ; as well as Portsmouth Airport ; as one of the first 'Air Ferry' operators flying frequent services between south coast of england and (you've guessed it)...the Isle of Wight, using a mixed fleet including Airspeed Envoy and Courier , Dh Moth and Westland Wessex.

During the summer of 1939 , P S IoW A Ltd hired a certain Mrs J A Mollison (better known as Amy Johnson) to fly the ferry route for them, and for the sum of 5 Shillings ; passengers could fly with Amy! Did Amy ever fly G-ABZP ? Who knows...

https://solentaviatrix.wordpress.com/amy-johnson/

ttfn

Pete

As always comments welcome ; will be in library 'soon'

Thank you, Pete. Always like to see British civil registrations but if you look at my home town, you'll understand why I'm looking forward to this one. This could well be my "default" mount. (After I've kitted it out with a few engine options).

Quote Originally Posted by djs1 View Post
    Thank you, Pete. Always like to see British civil registrations but if you look at my home town, you'll understand why I'm looking forward to this one. This could well be my "default" mount. (After I've kitted it out with a few engine options).

That one is in the library now,(waiting on approval) I've found a black and white image of it in it's flying circus days, when it was based out of Doncaster (flown by Flt Lt Geoffrey Tyson) which I'm working on.

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; May 14th, 2019 at 02:35.

Bravo!

Encore! Encore!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Bravo!

Encore! Encore!

Thanks Mick. Appreciate the support.

I have a few more in pipeline, Japan one, once I've re-clothed 'Biggles', another version of BZP, representing its early years, and for military fans, Free French forces, and possibly Israeli 'maybe' schemes.

Ttfn

Pete

Nice one Pete.

According to my limited knowledge "only" 606 Tutor were built. Several had more than one livery, so you still have a few to go.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for this paint! Nice one indeed......

Members who have read this thread: 0