P3Dv4.5 hotfix released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3Dv4.5 hotfix released

P3Dv4.5 hotfix released

The P3Dv4.5 hotfix version 4.5.12.30293 has now been released. This is primarily intended to fix some performance issues some
    people were having with the original 4.5 release version 4.5.11.29713. Release notes are here:

https://prepar3d.com/news/2019/05/115307/

Personally, I wasn't having any particular issues with the original 4.5. I don't know if the hotfix is severe enough to require new updates
    from those developers who have already updated to the original 4.5, such as FSUIPC and Active Sky. I guess we'll have to wait on news,
    but I might give it a go just to see. I guess I could always roll back to the original 4.5 client if required.

-Rob

Thanks for the HU Rob.
    I've installed the new client and on a very quick test have definitely gained some frames.

In my default flight which is in ORBX FTX EU England at Bembridge IOW in the FSX C172SP before the hotfix I was getting mid 30's now I'm hovering around 60
    Still need to do some testing in VR yet but it was flyable before as long as I didn't turn my head to fast, hopefully now it will be more comfortable.

I had already spent a far to much on a video card upgrade recently and was considering a CPU/mobo upgrade too but will probably be able to hold off on that now.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

[QUOTE=Dangerous Beans;1184659]Thanks for the HU Rob.
    I've installed the new client and on a very quick test have definitely gained some frames.

Yes, much better here as well.
    Regards

Well, I was not so lucky.

I installed the new Client, and P3D would not start. I then uninstalled the Content and Scenery, and reinstalled them. P3D still will not start. I ran the repair option of the P3D Setup. P3D will still not start.

I am so damn pissed. I have no idea what to do now. I do NOT want to totally uninstall/reinstall P3D, but it sure as hell is looking like that may have to be done. Damn it. NC

v.4.5

Try uninstall 4.5 client , then install 4.4 client again , that with Windows add/ remove programs ~ and maybe remove last flight from P3d.cfg file (SITUATION=C:\Users\your pc name \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\Previous Flight )

Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Try uninstall 4.5 client , then install 4.4 client again , that with Windows add/ remove programs ~ and maybe remove last flight from P3d.cfg file (SITUATION=C:\Users\your pc name \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\Previous Flight )
    Ok, before I attempt that, I need to understand. I understand the first part about uninstalling 4.5 Client, then installing the 4.4 Client version, but you lost me on the rest of it. NC

Ok, I did the following. I deleted the Previous flight files. Then I uninstalled the latest Client, and reinstalled the previous Client. P3D starts now, but is the Hotfix installed now? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, I did the following. I deleted the Previous flight files. Then I uninstalled the latest Client, and reinstalled the previous Client. P3D starts now, but is the Hotfix installed now? NC
    Hi you donīt need the fix if you use vers.4.4

Ok, thank you! NC

I made a balls up of the update and ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. Grrrrr. My bad. Rushed into it without thinking deeper.

I was thinking I may also install P3Dv2.5 as a failsafe if my FSX should ever fail and there are issues in re-enabling the FSX licence. Can v2.5 and v4.5 of P3D live together on the same HD? Are there other issues within the AppData folder of Windows I need to be aware of? I am specifically thinking of the FSX Vs FSXSE and how you have to be specific in the order they can be installed in order to live together.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I made a balls up of the update and ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. Grrrrr. My bad. Rushed into it without thinking deeper.

I was thinking I may also install P3Dv2.5 as a failsafe if my FSX should ever fail and there are issues in re-enabling the FSX licence. Can v2.5 and v4.5 of P3D live together on the same HD? Are there other issues within the AppData folder of Windows I need to be aware of? I am specifically thinking of the FSX Vs FSXSE and how you have to be specific in the order they can be installed in order to live together.
    Hi , I found this in P3D Forum ,

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=132734

Well my sim was running well with 4.5 so I figured I would install that version with the hotfix. Now my sim will not even start up wtf.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Well my sim was running well with 4.5 so I figured I would install that version with the hotfix. Now my sim will not even start up wtf.

LouP

Lou, same thing happened to me. Uninstall the latest client and install previous one. Worked for me. Hopefully will for you. N C

Went back to the original 4.5 client and she started up fine. Wonder what they did to increase frames with the hotfix because it doesn't like my machine. Maybe I'll see one more fix before it's all over with v4.

LouP

I dont know if it has anything to do with it but the only extra thing I did beside uninstalling the old client and installing the new one was to delete the content of the shaders folder.
    Might be worth a try.

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Brytskiva View Post
    Hi , I found this in P3D Forum ,

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=132734
    Thanks for that, did it and it all works fine
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Guys, from what I've seen in the other forums, if your sim does not start up anymore after installing the hotfix, it's most likely because of a module that needs to be updated.
    Also, for performance reasons, don't forget to delete the shader cache before restarting the sim after hotfix installation.

Just an off topic question

If I go from 4.4 to 4.5 is that an update or full new installation

Thanks

Roland

It's technically an update.

Has anyone else noticed the change between 4.5 hotfix and 4.4 to the rendering methods of PBR materials on aircraft? It's very noticeable. Makes me think the hotfix was more scenery based rather than simobject based.

Eg same settings on stock as a rock P3d ( I have to ) what was dark is now washed out. Same video card drivers.

Install method was complete uninstall and clean of all p3d v4.4, restart computer , complete install of latest 4.5 all content/client. I know it's overkill but my computer is also a test computer and must remain stock as LM intended.

Finally did my Hotfix update, went in seamlessly, significant FPS improvement, so far nothing negative issues I can find but I'm still digging through various models to make sure something isn't working. So far so good.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the change between 4.5 hotfix and 4.4 to the rendering methods of PBR materials on aircraft? It's very noticeable. Makes me think the hotfix was more scenery based rather than simobject based.

Eg same settings on stock as a rock P3d ( I have to ) what was dark is now washed out. Same video card drivers.

Install method was complete uninstall and clean of all p3d v4.4, restart computer , complete install of latest 4.5 all content/client. I know it's overkill but my computer is also a test computer and must remain stock as LM intended.
    I have observed the same while developing scenery objects. After the update (updated client and content only) textures on PBR materials are washed out. I had to increase saturation on the albedo and also make it darker to reach the same color shade as before. I am using stock shaders.

I had gotten the new ORBX True Earth GB-South package when it came out, but its performance was not very good, initial 4.5 was no better, with the hotfix it was better but still not very good. Finally on reading the orbx forum on the subject discovered that John Venema, Orbx CEO published his settings and the biggest difference from my settings is that he had almost all the shadows turned off. When I tried that things were very much better. I remember before that shadows can be a true performance killer, I did a flight once into Fiji (NFFN) without any real special scenery and was getting horrible frame rates, but after turning off shadows for vegetation it was good again. I do think that the shadows and reflections in P3D are one of the things that make it look so much better than anything else, but there is a cost to that.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Not sure why so many have had problems with this one.
    I did my usual precautionary backup, downloaded the full package 'just in case', ran the client and all was well.
    The most significant benefit so far has been with my Leonardo MB80 series, a trifle stuttery before, now smooth and clean.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I have observed the same while developing scenery objects. After the update (updated client and content only) textures on PBR materials are washed out. I had to increase saturation on the albedo and also make it darker to reach the same color shade as before. I am using stock shaders.
    So it is outside too. Also I read on the P3d forum that the new update doesnt delete the previous shaders ( eg 4.4 shaders running in 4.5 - They said that they would change that in the next install update ) so I re did the whole process this time deleting the shaders. Same issue. Now for content creators that's going to be a problem. Eg what looks good on 4.4 is washed out. Make the change for 4.5 and it is too dark on 4.4. Or we all wait until LM have stopped futzing around with P3D... nah.

Members who have read this thread: 0