Re: JK downloads for FSX (moved to FSX)

Thread: Re: JK downloads for FSX (moved to FSX)

Re: JK downloads for FSX (moved to FSX)

Good Morning J.K.

Firstly, many thanks for your textures over the years-I have always been impressed by the accuracy, and attention to detail.

A question though. Lately, I have had a little difficulty downloading textures for FSX, for example the AN2 VH-YNT. I am running FSX Acceleration, on Windows 7, my most recent successful download being the Norwegian DHC3 Otter amphibian. However when I install the AN2, the thumbnail fails to appear, and I get a pop-up "Failed to" etc. I know that the textures are more geared to P3D/P4 etc, though they appear in the Sim Outhouse FSX "JK Textures Civilian Props" library. Likewise with the Bf109 textures. I know I will eventually have to bow to the inevitable and purchase P3D, but in the meantime would like to continue using my old reliable FSX, before I leap into the great unknown. Any ideas?

Could you please explain in more detail exactly what the problem is? I can't really make sense of what you said.

Is this just a problem with a texture set you've installed?
    There should be a file in the texture directory called thumbnail.jpg, is it not there? Usually Jan puts screenshots of the plane in the zip file for the texture set. If the thumbnail.jpg is missing from the texture directory, just copy your favorite screenshot into the directory, rename it to thumbnail.jpg and resize it to 256 x 128. Is that the only issue?

I'm pretty sure P3D uses the same format for thumbnails, so it should be there. But no big deal if it isn't. Sometimes we just forget to put them in.

Edit: Oops, missed that this was in CFS3, but... I imagine it's still the same... Still, a little more detail on how you installed it and what's going wrong could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Could you please explain in more detail exactly what the problem is? I can't really make sense of what you said.

Is this just a problem with a texture set you've installed?
    There should be a file in the texture directory called thumbnail.jpg, is it not there? Usually Jan puts screenshots of the plane in the zip file for the texture set. If the thumbnail.jpg is missing from the texture directory, just copy your favorite screenshot into the directory, rename it to thumbnail.jpg and resize it to 256 x 128. Is that the only issue?

I'm pretty sure P3D uses the same format for thumbnails, so it should be there. But no big deal if it isn't. Sometimes we just forget to put them in.

Edit: Oops, missed that this was in CFS3, but... I imagine it's still the same... Still, a little more detail on how you installed it and what's going wrong could be helpful.
    P3D doesnt use thumbnails it uses the older fs2004 style for selection , and JKB is p3d user so it very well be something he no longer worries about

If the model fails to loaded after selecting it its more likely the paint is looking for a air file that's been replaced by another version

You need to check what sim= in your aircraft.cfg and match in JKBs paint entry

P3D uses the title of the individual repaint -- rather than the FSX/FS9 method. It doesn't use the thumbnail file, either.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MainScreen.jpg  

Opps!!!

Sorry All,

Just realized, when reading the latest posts about the release of the AT Sim model, that the An2 referred to is for the new AT Simulations model! I have the Aerosoft (Octopus) Model, and I've had the Sibwings models before. Getting my AN2's confused!!! (Great Aircraft though).

Members who have read this thread: 0