Piaggio 108 for cs 3?

Thread: Piaggio 108 for cs 3?

Piaggio 108 for cs 3?

Was there one ever in the works? Both bomber,transport and esp the ant-shipping variant?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggio_P.108

really like this version

The other variants included the P.108A anti-ship aircraft with a 102 mm (4 in) gun

Luftwaffe transport units took control of some too.

There was even one configured to carry three torpedoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaggi..._in_volo_3.jpg
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

I know theres one for cfs 2 and the strike fighter series.

cfs 2 model here:

https://simviation.com/1/browse-CFS2+-3-9

I have two differently skinned ones in MAW. One in Dark Green, and the other in Green and Red Brown over a Base of Yellow

Model: CFS3 Piaggio 108, squadron 274

Italian heavy bomber of WWII the Piaggio 108 was comparable with the early series of the B-17 Flying Fortress. Max bombload was of 3500 kg (7x500 kg) and armament was of 5x12.7 mm + 2x7.7 mm.
    Very interesting solution for the guns arrangement were the remotely controlled twin turrets in the wings, very advanced for the time and not seen on other bombers until the B-29.
    Built in small numbers (24 in all) they served in one squadron only from june 1942 to september 1943.

Author: Corrado La Posta

www.isoliti4gatti.com
    MC5834@mclink.it

__________________________________________________ ________________

Required downloads

This plane requires the Italian Gauges and Texture pack available at IS4G (itagauges.zip)
    Requires also the NEK and AvHistory weapons pack to be installed (www.avhistory.org).

__________________________________________________ ________________

Legal stuff:

THIS AIRCRAFT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE AUTHORS AND CANNOT BE REWORKED, MODIFIED, COPIED OR PACKAGED WITH ANY PRODUCT, WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHORS.
    THE AUTHORS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LIABILITIES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR AS A RESULT OF USING THIS PRODUCT.

__________________________________________________ _________________
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

cool but link no work. is it a hack of the b-17 or dedicated model and is the A variant with cannon?

probably shouls say a non-Maw version or single releases.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaloof View Post
    probably shouls say a non-Maw version or single releases.
    The P 108 was made many moons ago but I thought it was pretty good at the time. You can always tweak sounds weapons and guns and pylons so that the MAW P108s work in another install. Is there a version in the earlier AvHistory stuff here at SOH?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Don't have this one and the link given doesn't work. Would like to have it for MAW and would be a nice addition. Please help. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Found it here at : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=6&pp=20 Hope this helps.

From what I just read they only ever built one prototype of the Canon armed models, and it never made it fully out of development testing before it was destroyed by allied bombing.

The original textures were only 1024, so I've upscaled them to 2048.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    I had a rattle around found the original birds (per majorMagee's description). The original xdp did not have bomb loadouts, but I have an xdp made by Mixxa with a set of bomb loads. PM me if any interest in the xdp.

NB the Readme says that the P108 was only operational for a short period in 1942 through to September 1943. Hence MAW skins probably apt.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    From what I just read they only ever built one prototype of the Canon armed models, and it never made it fully out of development testing before it was destroyed by allied bombing.

The original textures were only 1024, so I've upscaled them to 2048.
    By the way, nice job MajorMagee!

The Wiki says they carried bomb loads of:
    7 x 500 kg
    7 x 250 kg
    34 x 100 kg
    38 x 50 kg

Is that what your modified xdp has?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I just came up with this:

<Weapon WeaponType="Bomb" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="20000" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="10000" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="100" BlastRadius="10"/>
    <Loadouts InternalPylons="8191">
    <Loadout Name="Clean" MissionType="Nothing"/>
    <Loadout Name="(38)50kg bombs Internal">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="7" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="8" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="9" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="10" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb___50kg" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(34)100 kg Bombs" MissionType="Strike">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="7" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="8" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="9" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="10" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(5)250 kg Bombs" MissionType="Search_Destroy">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg_vertical" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)500 kg Bombs">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(3) Torpedo" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_torpedo_930kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_torpedo_930kg" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_torpedo_930kg" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    </Loadouts>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Where can i find the shared files ? Looked high and low and can't find them anywhere . please send a link or PM me. Thanks,Scott

The default cockpit model in MAW appears to just use the stock a_gauges_1.dds, a_gauges_2.dds, and a_gauges_3.dds.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up. Got it installed and tested. Great addition. Can you pm me the updated textures along with your modified .xpd. Looks great as is but yours must be better. Thanks,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The Wiki says they carried bomb loads of:
    7 x 500 kg
    7 x 250 kg
    34 x 100 kg
    38 x 50 kg

Is that what your modified xdp has?
    Hi MajorMagee,

Justin (Mixxa II)'s loadout is as follows:
    <Loadouts InternalPylons="8191">
    <Loadout Name="Clean" MissionType="Nothing"/>
    <Loadout Name="(24)100 kg Bombs" MissionType="CAS">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="7" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="8" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__100kg" Quantity="15"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(12)250 kg Bombs" MissionType="Search_Destroy">
    <Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg" Quantity="7"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg" Quantity="7"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="7" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg" Quantity="7"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="8" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__250kg" Quantity="7"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(6)500 kg Bombs" MissionType="Strike">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="7"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__500kg" Quantity="7"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(4)800 kg Bombs" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__800kg" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_it_bomb__800kg" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    </Loadouts>

Would be cool to have a rebirth of this plane as a standalone release or non-Maw; I was thinking maybe 3 different variants such as a trasnport, regular bomber variant and the 102mm ant-ship variant. I only wish I had the skill to do. just a thought, similar to the B-24 release for cfs 3

Blog Entries
    I agree.It would be cool if someone would update this model. I know the Italians only made a few ,but would be a nice "what if" for us MAW lovers. Just a thought...regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0