Civilian AI for P3D?

Thread: Civilian AI for P3D?

Civilian AI for P3D?

I see a lot of AI models and liveries on AVSIM and Flightsim.com, such as models from HTAI. But are there complete packages with installers available? I have no clue how to install/use AI in P3D, other than from sites such as MAIW.

Just have always wondered about this. Thanks, NC

It's all done in exactly the same way as you did it in FSX.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It's all done in exactly the same way as you did it in FSX.

Dave

Heh, heh, which I never did understand how to do, but thanks to talented folks like yourself, I was able to add to some FSX scenery. I just was hoping it was easy enough to do in P3D. MAIW has some cool stuff, but other than using their Matrix package installer, I don't understand how to install separate packages. NC

If you haven't already read about it, the AI installer/manager I've been looking at, but haven't actually used yet, is
    the freeware Alpha India Group (AIG)'s AI Manager:

https://www.alpha-india.net/

You download the app through their forum. It claims one click installs for AI planes and flight plans into P3Dv4, and
    even claims automatic conversion of textures to DDS format and planes to P3Dv4 compatibility, although I'm sure
    there's limits..

As said, I haven't tried yet, partly because I haven't felt a real need yet for piles of AI aircraft. But it sounds like something
    you might be interested in.

It certainly gets a lot of positive reviews over on AVsim's P3Dv4 forum.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    If you haven't already read about it, the AI installer/manager I've been looking at, but haven't actually used yet, is

You download the app through their forum. It claims one click installs for AI planes and flight plans into P3Dv4, and
    even claims automatic conversion of textures to DDS format and planes to P3Dv4 compatibility, although I'm sure
    there's limits..

As said, I haven't tried yet, partly because I haven't felt a real need yet for piles of AI aircraft. But it sounds like something

-Rob
    Thanks Rob. I just registered for their forum, awaiting approval. NC

there's limits..

-Rob
    I was able to join the Alpha India Group Forum, and downloaded the AI Manager, but I am confused, because there is no .exe file that is mentioned in the Manual/Tutorial associated with the download. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I was able to join the Alpha India Group Forum, and downloaded the AI Manager, but I am confused, because there is no .exe file that is mentioned in the Manual/Tutorial associated with the download. NC
    There's an application in the download called "AIG Tech - AI Manager". Right click on that and run as administrator, and it starts the
    set up process described in the manual. But as I mentioned, I haven't actually installed yet, I've just been reading through the manual.

- Rob

There's an application in the download called "AIG Tech - AI Manager". Right click on that and run as administrator, and it starts the
    set up process described in the manual. But as I mentioned, I haven't actually installed yet, I've just been reading through the manual.

- Rob
    Yep, finally figured out how to get things going. I installed quite a lot of AI today, but then hit a wrong key and messed things up. Now trying to unf...k it. NC

Got it working great! Once the settings are done, its easy to install ai. Do not place the AI directory where P3D is, because it doesn't take long to start racking up memory space! Its awesome though! NC

Alpha India Group's AI Manager works great! I have a LOT of AI now!!!

NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-15_12-49-1-265.jpg   2019-5-15_12-48-23-147.jpg  

Have you tried JustFlights Traffic Global? Lots of big jets but not a lot of GA.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Have you tried JustFlights Traffic Global? Lots of big jets but not a lot of GA.

I was about to, but Alpha India is free, and I have spent too much money on add-ons as it is!! NC

I was going to direct you to AIG NC, but you beat me to it and actually seem to have the new OCI/AIM working. I am still trying to figure out mine and it may the fact I previously manually installed tubeliner traffic with AIFP3 and AIG .zip packages. Be careful, one can go crazy with AI, especially if adding retro traffic! I have most major airlines and of course MAIW Matrix AI running, so my P3D takes some time to load.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I was going to direct you to AIG NC, but you beat me to it and actually seem to have the new OCI/AIM working. I am still trying to figure out mine and it may the fact I previously manually installed tubeliner traffic with AIFP3 and AIG .zip packages. Be careful, one can go crazy with AI, especially if adding retro traffic! I have most major airlines and of course MAIW Matrix AI running, so my P3D takes some time to load.

I really want to put retro traffic in P3D, if that is possible with AIG? NC

I really want to put retro traffic in P3D, if that is possible with AIG? NC
    Download the Cal-Classic packages for P3Dv4. Lots and lots of retro there.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post

That sounds easy enough, but i hope that AI Manager can install those packages.....NC

Could you please provide a link to these packages for P3DV4 you are referring to? I went to the Cal-Classic website, but do not see anything referring to P3D. Thanks, Pete

The following from their website: "FSX and P3D Information:Most of my (i.e. Greg Pepper's) propliners (i.e. the CV-340, DC's, etc.) have been tested in FSX and P3D v1 and v2 and they work OK. They are not compatible with P3D v3 or later. You may need to find compatible blurred prop textures if you are using FSX SP2 or later. Engine start switches have the most problems when using FS9 panels. Sounds are OK as is. If you get a emergency power warning in the sim, put // in front of the line in the plane's panel.cfg file that includes dsd_supercharger!supercharger_transparent.
    Compatibility of scenery, etc varies; ask at my forum in case someone has already tested it."

If anyone else on SOH decides to try out AI Manager from AIG, please let me know? There is a Cape Air traffic plan listed as available, but am not able to install it, and do not understand how to accomplish it? NC

If anyone else on SOH decides to try out AI Manager from AIG, please let me know? There is a Cape Air traffic plan listed as available, but am not able to install it, and do not understand how to accomplish it? NC
    Where is this plan?
    I'll have a look for you.

Dave

Could you please provide a link to these packages for P3DV4 you are referring to? I went to the Cal-Classic website, but do not see anything referring to P3D. Thanks, Pete

The following from their website: "FSX and P3D Information:Most of my (i.e. Greg Pepper's) propliners (i.e. the CV-340, DC's, etc.) have been tested in FSX and P3D v1 and v2 and they work OK. They are not compatible with P3D v3 or later. You may need to find compatible blurred prop textures if you are using FSX SP2 or later. Engine start switches have the most problems when using FS9 panels. Sounds are OK as is. If you get a emergency power warning in the sim, put // in front of the line in the plane's panel.cfg file that includes dsd_supercharger!supercharger_transparent.
    Compatibility of scenery, etc varies; ask at my forum in case someone has already tested it."
    Sorry NC, out on road, can't provide link. However, your copy of their statement looks like it is from the flyable side. They have a separate page dedicated to ai. Most, not all of their aircraft have been updated, by some of the same crew doing the AIG updates.

Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

I see a lot of AI models and liveries on AVSIM and Flightsim.com, such as models from HTAI. But are there complete packages with installers available? I have no clue how to install/use AI in P3D, other than from sites such as MAIW.

Just have always wondered about this. Thanks, NC

ORBX have a free GA fleet for North America , but I think you have to register first ~ https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Sorry NC, out on road, can't provide link. However, your copy of their statement looks like it is from the flyable side. They have a separate page dedicated to ai. Most, not all of their aircraft have been updated, by some of the same crew doing the AIG updates.

Ok Pete, I found them. All the required files have been converted to P3Dv4 by Ed Akridge, and posted to Flightsim.com. Search for his name. 8 files altogether.
    Also, get this file Prepar3D v4.5 AITTP 2019 v2.0 AI Taxispeed and Timeout Patcher to keep things under control when the sim is first started, and to keep things moving. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=205484

Enjoy

EDIT: Just found when searching for Ed Akridge's name under P3D files: He also converted all the scenery objects used in CalClasics sceneries to P3Dv4 standards. Good idea to use if you are installing CalClassic FSX sceneries.
    Last edited by modelr; May 18th, 2019 at 05:54.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Ok Pete, I found them. All the required files have been converted to P3Dv4 by Ed Akridge, and posted to Flightsim.com. Search for his name. 8 files altogether.
    Also, get this file Prepar3D v4.5 AITTP 2019 v2.0 AI Taxispeed and Timeout Patcher to keep things under control when the sim is first started, and to keep things moving. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...ght&fid=205484

Enjoy
    Modelr you are the MAN! Thank you! 😀 NC

Modelr you are the MAN! Thank you!  NC
    Be careful, AI QUICKLY becomes an obsession! Read a few of the tutorials, and you'll be on your way.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Members who have read this thread: 0