Wildcat JustFlight

Thread: Wildcat JustFlight

Wildcat JustFlight

Hi,

I bought only the pack B six years ago. I had never noticed a lot of errors due to the lack of textures requested by the model.
    Do you have this problem too?
    I realized when I wanted to bring this model to P3DV4. But, after cloning some gauges ".gau" it seems to work well.

it seems very strange to me. Have you any idea ?

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g36_jf_01.jpg  

I've never had any such problem. Have you looked at the JF site?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I've never had any such problem. Have you looked at the JF site?
    Hello,
    It is not really a problem, it works but Modelconverterx say any textures missing (so do P3DV4 in log file)

I downloaded today from my account the package and I did a fresh install. I got this message!

JMC

edit : Justflight say :

Note: This add-on does NOT require the larger Wildcat & Martlet add-on for it to work. There are several Wildcat & Marlet packages available, with differing content, and each works in FSX without the need for any other add-ons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails martlet_mcx.jpg  

I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem. Is there something missing in the picture you shared? I don't see anything with the plane. As far as the missing textures in MCX, those look like panel textures. I've seen missing textures like this for VC's, I think because MCX can't interpret the special VC textures which have a special pointer?

This will always happen in MCX. The reason is it dosen't know to look in a common texture folder for the missing textures.
    It only looks in the texture folder of the paint you are loading.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

It CAN know... by default it doesn't. But in the options you can go to Texture Settings\TextureSearchPath and add ..\texture;..\texture.Common; and whatever other names of common texture folders you have. Then it will see the textures. Too bad it doesn't read the texture.cfg file. Make sure you've downloaded the latest version of MCX, too. I do believe, but I could be wrong, it still will list VC textures as missing, because they're special, it was meant for scenery objects afterall.

Hi,

I an very sorry but this is not a modelconverterx problem. The same errors are also shown in P3DV4. I discovered that trying this model on P3DV4 and I got it flying after creating a xml clone gauge for the pedestal compass not showing in P3DV4 (.gau gauge).
    I can't see any problem flying the Wildcat and it is very strange. I think the problem come from the package itself. There is a full package and three subpackages (A, B, C). I suspect a problem with the making of these subpackages. So, il you have, like me, only a subpackage, can you test this ? I opened a support ticket at justflight for that...six years after the purchase (lol)!

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,

I an very sorry but this is not a modelconverterx problem. The same errors are also shown in P3DV4. I discovered that trying this model on P3DV4 and I got it flying after creating a xml clone gauge for the pedestal compass not showing in P3DV4 (.gau gauge).
    I can't see any problem flying the Wildcat and it is very strange. I think the problem come from the package itself. There is a full package and three subpackages (A, B, C). I suspect a problem with the making of these subpackages. So, il you have, like me, only a subpackage, can you test this ? I opened a support ticket at justflight for that...six years after the purchase (lol)!

JMC
    I have used the JF Wildcat many times in V4 and never noticed the missing gauges, so I checked it out last night, I did not see any non-functioning gauges in the VC but the mini panel is just open holes. Since its mainly the 2D panels that are effected I say the missing .gau gauges are of little consequence.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I have used the JF Wildcat many times in V4 and never noticed the missing gauges, so I checked it out last night, I did not see any non-functioning gauges in the VC but the mini panel is just open holes. Since its mainly the 2D panels that are effected I say the missing .gau gauges are of little consequence.
    No, the pedestal compass is a ".gau" gauge and it is not showing in VC. But this is not the problem, I did à clone xml and all is bright except gun sound which is driven by a ".gau" gauge. If you want this gauge to correct that email me.

English is not my native language, it is possible I have some trouble explaining my problem. The Wildcat seems working ok with now all gauges showing but some errors messages remains in P3DV4 requesting missing gauges, same errors said by ModelConverterX. My question is, have you the same errors messages with a justflight wildcat pack (A,B or C) with modelconverterx or P3DV4? What about if you bought the whole package and not a partial one (A,B or C) ?

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    No, the pedestal compass is a ".gau" gauge and it is not showing in VC. But this is not the problem, I did à clone xml and all is bright except gun sound which is driven by a ".gau" gauge. If you want this gauge to correct that email me.

English is not my native language, it is possible I have some trouble explaining my problem. The Wildcat seems working ok with now all gauges showing but some errors messages remains in P3DV4 requesting missing gauges, same errors said by ModelConverterX. My question is, have you the same errors messages with a justflight wildcat pack (A,B or C) with modelconverterx or P3DV4? What about if you bought the whole package and not a partial one (A,B or C) ?

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails compass-clone.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2