Problem reinstalling Steve's DX10 fixer

Thread: Problem reinstalling Steve's DX10 fixer

Problem reinstalling Steve's DX10 fixer

I recently lost the 3TB external drive where I had my main FSX installation. I had the install backup up on another drive so it wasn't the complete disaster it might have been. It took me less than a day to get everything up and running again, everything working fine except for Steve's DX10 fixer. (I'm running version 3.4) I first uninstalled then re-installed the program, because I had the fsx install location on another drive than I do now, but when intializing the program, I can't seem to enter the path to the new FSX installation in the dialog window. What I think is happening is the program wanting me to erase the old libraries on the previous intallation, only I can't because the drive the previous installation was on is FUBAR. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Hi James, best place to go for answers is here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/6...support-forum/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi James, best place to go for answers is here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/6...support-forum/
    Thanks, Roger.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

UPDATE: I should have read the manual more closely. In DX10Fixer under "Files" and then "Preferences" there's a box called "Allow Emergency Change of Directory" that will allow a reset of the FSX directory location.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Members who have read this thread: 0