AT Simulations (and former SibWings) An-2 for P3D v4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT Simulations (and former SibWings) An-2 for P3D v4.5

AT Simulations (and former SibWings) An-2 for P3D v4.5

http://atsimulations.com/an2

I've asked for a sticky in the FSX forum, but this is too important not to sticky here as well.

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?

FINALLY- my beautiful SP-AMN flies again!

THANK-YOU Alex & YoYo!!!

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post

I've asked for a sticky in the FSX forum, but this is too important not to sticky here as well.

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?
    Actually i have, Carl.... hehe

Stickied it per your request. I might get it although i have the Aerosoft iteration. Did love the Sibwings FSX edition very much !

( we have one here at Lelystad, they let the childern play in it... Guess they need it to be completely scrapped.. ;-)

cheers,
    jan

A few RW videos from the cockpit:

Nice start-up/take-off from Ameland (one of the dutch islands) :
    https://youtu.be/nI0lQ87jxXw

Unloading para's and 'aerobatics' at Estonian Air Days 2017, Lennupäevad.
    https://youtu.be/pJpHIqIGhmE

cheers,
    jan

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

@YoYo- I have to agree SP-KAA is a great addition to the fleet- you have outdone yourself once more! The attention to detail, grime, dirt, oil streaks etc. all serve up the archetypal Russian workhorse. Long in the tooth, but still a very, very capable platform to explore the (Orbx) world.

As far as "flight feel"- I am thrilled with Alex Metzger's work. It is the Russian Cart Horse, SOLID beyond belief- the sort of aeroplane that lets one think that departing Vladivostok in the middle of the night, in the middle of winter, with sleet and gale force winds galore, is a manageable risk. The sort of aeroplane that works in conditions so severe it's batteries come on a slide out tray, to take into the Yurt with you at night. The sort of aeroplane that can take you anywhere, AND BRING YOU BACK!

I am a happy camper with this release! First the Avro, and now THIS- 2019 is shaping up quite nicely!

Ta- C

Just look at this approach, and it will tell you all about the confidence this aeroplane inspires. From steep and slow, with a furious descent rate, to arresting everything with a burst of throttle to settle nicely on the pavement- this Babuschka is sure to put a smile on your face. She's the most beautiful ugly duckling in the sky!

Pure bliss. I shall venture off, wandering once more- she demands it!

Best- C

In response to another member's (@Alan_A) query- I finally had time to apply the latest Aerosoft update to their (Octopus G) An-2...

and as you can see, I had some more fun at Homer!

C

9 months ago I was lamenting the loss of my beloved Anuschka in P3D v4. I could not have imagined that a few months later I WOULD HAVE A CHOICE OF TWO. They BOTH have Alexander Metzger's superb FDEs and they both fly exceptionally well. That said, each has a few peculiarities and nuances that endear themselves to the pilot. I will be spending many happy hours exploring the (Orbx) world in both. It is only after that, I would be willing to expound on the virtues of one over the other. I can say- you won't be wasting your money with either (or both). Just the FDE alone is worth 10 times the price of admission.

I was fortunate I came to interact with Alex during the PMDG P3D DC-6 Beta. I however, "knew him" prior to that- through flying his incredible work on the Jahn C-47 and the Sibwings An-2. When I saw him surface on our internal mail server I was dizzy with excitement. It was like being able to question the Oracle at Delphi- amazing!

Spending time in either of these BEAUTIFUL Ugly Ducklings will confirm my enthusiasm. I know I can sometimes sound like a star struck teen, but remind yourselves, it is only when I am truly awed- and that doesn't happen very often. Many a payware release gets flown once or twice and then forgotten. I shall treasure BOTH my Babuschkas!

Get one OR BETTER YET get BOTH. Your flight simulation will never be the same.

Das Vadania Tovarich!

C

Thanks much, Carl - exactly the kind of side-by-side I was hoping for.

Just looking at screenshots, I get the sense that with the Aerosoft, you gain some VC resolution at the expense of some atmosphere. And speaking of atmosphere, I'm one of the people that found the Aerosoft soundset a bit anemic.

But... to your point... I already own the Aerosoft, and the AT Simulations/Sibwings is a pretty painless purchase, so...

...looks like I'll be joining you and trying both. I'm a bit behind on everything - just picked up the Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140, which is exactly the kind of therapy I needed, and I'm a new hire at DC-3 Airways, but there are definitely Anushkas close in on my horizon...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

So great to have this wonderful old version updated for P3Dv4.5 - many thanks, ATS!

There's my one and only repaint for it! https://www.nzfsim.org/liveries-repaints/other/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

I know this thread is a bit dated, so sorry for poking it.

I purchased the ATsimulations AN-2 last week, and installed it outside the P3D installation folder, using the xml method.

Unfortunately I am not getting the message from P3D to accept the ats_an2.dll to load.
    This has resulted in the VC disappearing a few seconds after loading the aircraft.

When in outside view from the front there is a large black square drawn in the full length of the wings from top to bottom. You don't see that when looking from the back.

I have reported it to ATsimulations, and Andrey has tried to resolve the issue with me, without success.

Has anyone been able to get this ugly duck to work outside, installing it outside the P3D folder?

I am on P3D v4.5 and use these instructions for the install: https://www.nzfsim.org/fsx-p3d-tweak...side-p3d-root/

All my other airplanes work just fine using this method.

I just like to be able to update/re-install P3D without having to uninstall and re-stall add-ons.

I really hope someone has a suggestion.

Happy flying,
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I'll check my own setup, seeing as I wrote that "guide". There may be an additional step required that's specific to the An-2.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

I have my entire hangar outside P3D, but use a junction link from inside the P3D folder, so P3D thinks everything is within P3D.
    Same for the scenery. Works fine for me, including the An-2.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    I'll check my own setup, seeing as I wrote that "guide". There may be an additional step required that's specific to the An-2.

Adam.
    Thanks Adam, I'd appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have my entire hangar outside P3D, but use a junction link from inside the P3D folder, so P3D thinks everything is within P3D.
    Same for the scenery. Works fine for me, including the An-2.
    Jankees,

Does that mean you use simlinks for the effects and gauges folder as well as the SimObjects/Aircraft folder?

I am familiar with simlinks, as I use it for the OrbX folder.

I'm sorry to say that with the updated ATS An-2, I "chickened out" and installed it straight into the main P3D folder.

I'm really struggling these days with appalling short term memory loss, so I'm trying hard to remember whether it was because I [also] had your problem. I must admit, it does sound a little familiar.

Have you tried a compromise - and putting the DLL (only) into the main P3D gauges location? A bit of a kludge, but you're still saving *some* HD space on your main P3D drive.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

I have used this gizmo: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System...nk-Magic.shtml

to create a direct link from within P3D (on C to a folder D:/flightsim/airplanes.
    So P3D still thinks there's an airplanes folder in P3D, but in reality it is on my D: drive. The effects and guages were left on C;, since these are relatively small folders, but I could easily do it if I wanted it.
    I do the same with my ORBX files and other scenery, far too little room for those on C:.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    I'm sorry to say that with the updated ATS An-2, I "chickened out" and installed it straight into the main P3D folder.

I'm really struggling these days with appalling short term memory loss, so I'm trying hard to remember whether it was because I [also] had your problem. I must admit, it does sound a little familiar.

Have you tried a compromise - and putting the DLL (only) into the main P3D gauges location? A bit of a kludge, but you're still saving *some* HD space on your main P3D drive.

Adam.
    Sorry to hear about you memory issues.
    I did try and placed the dll in the P3D gauges folder, but that did not resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have used this gizmo: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System...nk-Magic.shtml

to create a direct link from within P3D (on C to a folder D:/flightsim/airplanes.
    So P3D still thinks there's an airplanes folder in P3D, but in reality it is on my D: drive. The effects and guages were left on C;, since these are relatively small folders, but I could easily do it if I wanted it.
    I do the same with my ORBX files and other scenery, far too little room for those on C:.
    In my case, space is not an issue, as I have installed P3D on it's dedicated SSD. The reason why I install my add-on's outside of the P3D folder is so that I can do a clean install of P3D whenever needed/preferred without having to re-install all those add-on's.

It seems like this Anushka has it's unique, and will end up in the main P3D folder after all. I might try installing there, and then move the files outside the P3D folder AFTER the dll is accepted. and see if that works.

Thank you both for your effort.

Manfred

Two new versions incoming:
    https://fselite.net/news/atsimulatio...n-development/

both with my repaints but Ill do maybe more.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Incoming.

An-2R (1973-74 of ZUA Mielec) used in Egipt and Sudan for agricultural tasks and An-2W of Border Protection Polish Army:

Both are new models with incoming free update of ATSim "Colt" (soon).

Spray effects:

¿ Cuándo será posible la descarga ?, debo pulverizar mis campos :aplausos::aplausos::aplausos:

An-2 Today recived free update with agro and float version (with new prop):

@YoYo- did you get an email? I haven't seen one.

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    @YoYo- did you get an email? I haven't seen one.

Ta- C
    No emails guys, just redownload and reinstall it from purchase letter. Or drop us a line (support@atsimulations.com) if you can't find it.

YoYo was the inspirer of this update - he did all the liveries for them!

Andrey

Members who have read this thread: 5