AT Simulations AN-2

Thread: AT Simulations AN-2

Hybrid View

AT Simulations AN-2

OK, so the AT Simulations AN2 has been released: http://atsimulations.com/an2

The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2? Is there more to it than the Sibwings plane plus floats & skis?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2?
    I might be able to answer my own question... AT Simulations have published a user manual for the AN-2 which suggests there's not a lot unless you want to use it in P3D or you're mad keen for the float or ski versions. (Actially I've been having so much fun with the Sea Tutor, this might just sway me)

Thanks for the HU! The floats and skis do look tempting.

It must be 'Antonov Day', because Aerosoft also just released the long-awaited service pack for their An-2 (although their update is only for P3D at this point).
    Last edited by mgchrist5; May 9th, 2019 at 10:21.
    -Mark

I am glad to have the old Girl back in Sim - and a few sisters in addition The new package is a great improvement over the old Sibwings-model. And what i find very generous from ATSimulations is that you will pay only the half price if you own the Original Sibwings Release.

Thanks to Andrey and his Team - great work, gents !

All the Best

Dirk

Whoow!!~ she is a beauty, I just took her out for a spin, flies wonderfull

Thanks for the generous offer to exisiting Sibwings customer! |I appreciate that

Yes a really great model.

Cheers chris

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The Coastal Ellis folks could not resist the old Soviet AN2 float that came up for auction. They have not finished painting the floats yet, but they are now in service. BTW, this is not my paint. Just a port into the float model.

Last edited by dvj; May 11th, 2019 at 11:29.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    How does one go about moving/copying the old textures to one of the four new variants?

Silver floats

By the way, I found partially done silver floats in texture.RA-01146 in the ski folder, An2_texture10_t.dds. Not sure why they are there instead of in the float folder.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    How does one go about moving/copying the old textures to one of the four new variants?
    You need to adjust the entry of the aircraft.cfg and the texture.cfg inside the texture-folder which you add to the new variant.

As a sample - if you add one of YoYo's great repaints - SP-AOO to the 12seat-variant you need to change the parameters below

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Antonov AN2 SP-AOO
    sim=Antonov_AN2_AMM <----- the new .air
    model=12seats <----- the new model

than go to the SP-ASR-texture and copy the texture.cfg to the SP-AOO-texure, overwrite the old one or delete it before.

that's all

All the Best

Dirk

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Dirk. Gonna give it a try.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    [You need to adjust the entry of the aircraft.cfg and the texture.cfg inside the texture-folder which you add to the new variant.]

Gave what you recommended a try and it worked perfectly.

We'll be moving some textures from the Sib-Wings An-2 folder to the 12-passenger folder shortly.

Does this work for the more specialized textures, such as those with floats or skis - or do we have to copy them from one of the originals in the "floats" or "skis" folders, place it into the new texture - then change the .cfg as you showed me before?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    OK, so the AT Simulations AN2 has been released: http://atsimulations.com/an2

The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2? Is there more to it than the Sibwings plane plus floats & skis?
    Well it turns out I did and I'm pleased. I like the flight model and the ski and float versions are a great addition. Well worth the discounted price if you are a Sib Wings AN2 user...

Members who have read this thread: 2