AT Simulations AN-2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AT Simulations AN-2

AT Simulations AN-2

OK, so the AT Simulations AN2 has been released: http://atsimulations.com/an2

The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2? Is there more to it than the Sibwings plane plus floats & skis?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2?
    I might be able to answer my own question... AT Simulations have published a user manual for the AN-2 which suggests there's not a lot unless you want to use it in P3D or you're mad keen for the float or ski versions. (Actially I've been having so much fun with the Sea Tutor, this might just sway me)

Thanks for the HU! The floats and skis do look tempting.

It must be 'Antonov Day', because Aerosoft also just released the long-awaited service pack for their An-2 (although their update is only for P3D at this point).
    Last edited by mgchrist5; May 9th, 2019 at 10:21.
    -Mark

I am glad to have the old Girl back in Sim - and a few sisters in addition The new package is a great improvement over the old Sibwings-model. And what i find very generous from ATSimulations is that you will pay only the half price if you own the Original Sibwings Release.

Thanks to Andrey and his Team - great work, gents !

All the Best

Dirk

Whoow!!~ she is a beauty, I just took her out for a spin, flies wonderfull

Thanks for the generous offer to exisiting Sibwings customer! |I appreciate that

Yes a really great model.

Cheers chris

And you can add all the old paints - wonderfull
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt.jpg  

Bought WITH GREAT EXCITEMENT, but will not be able to fly until the weekend.... looking forward to my beautiful SP-AMN (YoYo)

Best- C

Did they fix the adf morse ident continuously on issue by any chance?

Dave

Did they fix the adf morse ident continuously on issue by any chance?
    You read my mind. Yes, they did! The morse sound now only plays when the ADF ident switch is activated on the panel.

This was one of the first things I checked after buying today...as it was the only issue that bugged the @#$ outta me with the old Sibwings model...so much so that I just removed the morse ident sounds from the FSX/Sound folder as a workaround whenever flying the old An-2 model. No longer necessary, thanks to ATS for releasing this update. Hard to go wrong here, considering it's less than $13 USD after the discount...
    Last edited by mgchrist5; May 10th, 2019 at 06:13.
    -Mark

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Where do you find a price list on this site?

Scratch that - It was blocked by something else I had going.

At about $12.50 this is a steal.

1) can we please STICKY this?

2) see one

Installing as I write, hoping SP-AMN flies once more! YoYo- is there an updated file?

Ta- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    1) can we please STICKY this?

2) see one

C
    +1 to both!

Also... would love to hear how it compares to the (finally!) just-patched Aerosoft version. I never really warmed to the Aerosoft one so I'm most likely to move back over to my Sibwings original + AT's improvements... but if anybody has tried both of them in their current updated editions, it'd be fun to get reactions. Thanks in advance!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan- I have both- can never have too many Anuschkas... and they BOTH have Alex Metzger's FDE!

Best- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    can never have too many Anuschkas...
    Agree with you there.

Did the Aerosoft update do anything about the anemic sound? Always thought that was an immersion killer - much preferred the Sibwings in that respect.

My current focus is on Dak time (just signed aboard DC-3 Airways and need to build hours) but for the right Anushka I'd make an exception...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Also... would love to hear how it compares to the (finally!) just-patched Aerosoft version.
    Same here! FYI I asked on the Aerosoft forum and was told that the update for the FSX version is due to be released next week. Currently they only patched the P3D version.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...00-update-fsx/
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    You read my mind. Yes, they did! The morse sound now only plays when the ADF ident switch is activated on the panel.

This was one of the first things I checked after buying today...as it was the only issue that bugged the @#$ outta me with the old Sibwings model...so much so that I just removed the morse ident sounds from the FSX/Sound folder as a workaround whenever flying the old An-2 model. No longer necessary, thanks to ATS for releasing this update. Hard to go wrong here, considering it's less than $13 USD after the discount...
    The ADF ident is no longer on continuously blaring but the switch on the panel does not seem to turn it on for verification. The manual says the switch is inop. Does the morse ident actually work for you?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    The ADF ident is no longer on continuously blaring but the switch on the panel does not seem to turn it on for verification. The manual says the switch is inop. Does the morse ident actually work for you?

Dave
    Dave,
    Yes, it does work for me. I wonder if perhaps the 'inop' listing in the manual is an accidental holdover notation from the older Sibwings model?

I tried several NDBs to be certain. ADF circuit breaker ON, ADF tuned to a valid nearby NDB, ADF mode knob turned ON (to either 'Compass', 'Antenna', or 'Frame'), and the 'Telefone/Telegraf switch' flipped up for ON. In each case, I'd get the appropriate NDB morse ident sound for the tuned beacon. Flip the 'Telefone/Telegraf switch' OFF and the morse ident sound stops permanently until switched on again. Hope this helps.
    -Mark

Thanks Mark,

I will do more research into my configs. It is posible I did something in a script to turn it off on the old model.

Repaint by Zsolt Beleznay

with a few touch up to floats and nose-cone

Thanks Zsolt

DC

Love the fact previous paints look so good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-11_7-26-19-271.jpg  

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The Coastal Ellis folks could not resist the old Soviet AN2 float that came up for auction. They have not finished painting the floats yet, but they are now in service. BTW, this is not my paint. Just a port into the float model.

Last edited by dvj; May 11th, 2019 at 11:29.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    How does one go about moving/copying the old textures to one of the four new variants?

Silver floats

By the way, I found partially done silver floats in texture.RA-01146 in the ski folder, An2_texture10_t.dds. Not sure why they are there instead of in the float folder.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    How does one go about moving/copying the old textures to one of the four new variants?
    You need to adjust the entry of the aircraft.cfg and the texture.cfg inside the texture-folder which you add to the new variant.

As a sample - if you add one of YoYo's great repaints - SP-AOO to the 12seat-variant you need to change the parameters below

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Antonov AN2 SP-AOO
    sim=Antonov_AN2_AMM <----- the new .air
    model=12seats <----- the new model

than go to the SP-ASR-texture and copy the texture.cfg to the SP-AOO-texure, overwrite the old one or delete it before.

that's all

All the Best

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 2