AT Simulations AN-2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103

Thread: AT Simulations AN-2

  1. #26
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,167
    Thanks, Dirk. Gonna give it a try.

  2. #27
    Turns out the intercom needs to be turned off for the ident to work.

    Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Dave,
    Yes, it does work for me. I wonder if perhaps the 'inop' listing in the manual is an accidental holdover notation from the older Sibwings model?

    I tried several NDBs to be certain. ADF circuit breaker ON, ADF tuned to a valid nearby NDB, ADF mode knob turned ON (to either 'Compass', 'Antenna', or 'Frame'), and the 'Telefone/Telegraf switch' flipped up for ON. In each case, I'd get the appropriate NDB morse ident sound for the tuned beacon. Flip the 'Telefone/Telegraf switch' OFF and the morse ident sound stops permanently until switched on again. Hope this helps.

  3. #28
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,167
    [You need to adjust the entry of the aircraft.cfg and the texture.cfg inside the texture-folder which you add to the new variant.]

    Gave what you recommended a try and it worked perfectly.

    We'll be moving some textures from the Sib-Wings An-2 folder to the 12-passenger folder shortly.

    Does this work for the more specialized textures, such as those with floats or skis - or do we have to copy them from one of the originals in the "floats" or "skis" folders, place it into the new texture - then change the .cfg as you showed me before?

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Turns out the intercom needs to be turned off for the ident to work.

    Dave
    Ah, ok. That explains it. I never switched on the intercom circuit breaker during my tests. Glad it worked out for you.
    -Mark

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    [You need to adjust the entry of the aircraft.cfg and the texture.cfg inside the texture-folder which you add to the new variant.]

    Gave what you recommended a try and it worked perfectly.

    We'll be moving some textures from the Sib-Wings An-2 folder to the 12-passenger folder shortly.

    Does this work for the more specialized textures, such as those with floats or skis - or do we have to copy them from one of the originals in the "floats" or "skis" folders, place it into the new texture - then change the .cfg as you showed me before?

    Unfortunately it isn't so easy as the transfer to the wheeled models because the swimmer-textures are splitted to at least 3 different texture-files, as far as i notice. Did not try the ski-model until now, so i could not say something about it.

    All the Best

    Dirk

  6. #31


    "C-GOAN" Artist Created by Ce Zeta

    agian with a nose cone touch to work with Floats

    I like the improved Antonov 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-12_10-9-14-637.jpg  

  7. #32


    Airtist Created by Matt Levi

    Can't figure out the rudders on floats yet

    Thank Matt for this Fine Paint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-5-12_10-41-33-574.jpg  

  8. #33
    Just received an email from Andrey that he had reupload the paintkit today - now with textures for float and skis

    Great service from Andrey/ATSimulations

    All the Best

    Dirk

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    1) can we please STICKY this?

    2) see one


    Ta- C
    Hoping an Admin will act on this....

    Best- C

  10. #35
    Those repaints are updated for new model, soon on ATS website: http://atsimulations.com/ .
    The newest is SP-KAA (done in april 2019).







    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  11. #36
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    St Simons Island GA
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,167
    Fireball6 - I just saw that paint kit come out w/the skis and the floats in it.

    There are a lot of parts distributed through the three new texture files. If you want to equip one of these aircraft with, for example, floats, is it necessary to first load all three textures files into the chosen aircraft texture file, then change the paint kit textures to the right format using an appropriate tool? That is, do all three reworked texture files need to be in each conversion I do? The appropriate model file in the pertinent aircraft should be able to sort things out from those three files, is that correct?

    I have a question re: changing the color of the floats or skis to match the aircraft that can be dealt with later.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Fireball6 - I just saw that paint kit come out w/the skis and the floats in it.

    There are a lot of parts distributed through the three new texture files. If you want to equip one of these aircraft with, for example, floats, is it necessary to first load all three textures files into the chosen aircraft texture file, then change the paint kit textures to the right format using an appropriate tool? That is, do all three reworked texture files need to be in each conversion I do? The appropriate model file in the pertinent aircraft should be able to sort things out from those three files, is that correct?

    I have a question re: changing the color of the floats or skis to match the aircraft that can be dealt with later.
    It is a bit tricky to do that this way - there are some differences in the textures - as a sample, the belly-shadows from the float model are not the same as the one from the wheeled models. That means, you need to adjust them manually unless Andrey will update the paintkit again with a new .psd-file for texture 3. The Floats are simple - as there is a .psd-file for it, so it is easy to create a color of your choice for them. The same happens to texture 5, if you want to use an existing paint, you have to create a new texture 5 which matches the colors of the existing paint and then you can copy and paste the parts that are different.

    I try it yesterday and find it very time-consuming - especialy the adjustment of the belly in texture 3 is "special" for an exsisting paint.

    Today i start my own complete new texture-set for the float model - much easier to do ....

    All the Best

    Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt2.jpg   Unbenannt4.jpg  

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Hoping an Admin will act on this....

    Best- C
    Hello- again I ask for a sticky... not sure why the delay, but I am hoping one of our Administrators will finally take action.

    Thanks!

    C

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    OK, so the AT Simulations AN2 has been released: http://atsimulations.com/an2

    The question is do I REALLY need this in addition to my Sib Wings AN-2? Is there more to it than the Sibwings plane plus floats & skis?
    Well it turns out I did and I'm pleased. I like the flight model and the ski and float versions are a great addition. Well worth the discounted price if you are a Sib Wings AN2 user...

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Those repaints are updated for new model, soon on ATS website: http://atsimulations.com/ .
    The newest is SP-KAA (done in april 2019)....
    Skins are ready for download:

    http://atsimulations.com/an2_repaints
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]

  16. #41
    I hate to repeat myself... but I will... Any consensus developing on AT Simulations vs. (patched) Aerosoft?
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

    -- Saint-Exupery

  17. #42
    @YoYo-

    I fudged SP-AMN to get her on the new model, but I will get the new one and -AOO and -KAA as well. Thanks mate- completely BRILLIANT stuff!

    @Alan_A-
    I haven't updated the Aerosoft version yet, I will do so- "soon". As soon as I do I will update here but I am a very happy camper at the moment with the ATS/Sibwings version FWIW. The price makes it a no-brainer in my book.

    Best- C

  18. #43
    What is the best way to contact support to bring issues to their attention? They do not seem to have a support forum like Sibwings did.

    Dave

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    What is the best way to contact support to bring issues to their attention? They do not seem to have a support forum like Sibwings did.

    Dave
    Try info@atsimulations.com - Andrey is doing a very good job on customer-support and i am sure he will respond quickly.

    All the Best

    Dirk

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Try info@atsimulations.com - Andrey is doing a very good job on customer-support and i am sure he will respond quickly.

    All the Best

    Dirk
    Thank, I didn't realize that scripts were disabled on the AT Sims site so the address was blocked from displaying.

    Dave

  21. #46
    SOH-CM-2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Age
    53
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Skins are ready for download:

    http://atsimulations.com/an2_repaints

    Thank you very much YoYo.
    Beautiful work!

  22. #47
    My first Repaint for the wheeled Model is ready - an old workhorse with fictional registration ...

    available now at : http://atsimulations.com/an2_repaints
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt3.jpg   Unbenannt.jpg   Unbenannt2.jpg  
    Last edited by Fireball6; May 14th, 2019 at 07:39.

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    I hate to repeat myself... but I will... Any consensus developing on AT Simulations vs. (patched) Aerosoft?
    Alan- see http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2-for-P3D-v4-5


    PS- WHY OH WHY haven't we STICKIED this release???

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Alan- see http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2-for-P3D-v4-5


    PS- WHY OH WHY haven't we STICKIED this release???
    Thanks, Carl - just read and posted in your P3D thread. TL;DR - I'll be picking up both.

    And to your question - yes, why not?
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

    -- Saint-Exupery

  25. #50
    I'm flying An2 in real and I'm still disappointed by Sibwings and Aerosoft model...is this really better then previous two? Is it worth to buy this?

Members who have read this thread: 228

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •