USAF Fictional F-86D FU-644 F-14B

Thread: USAF Fictional F-86D FU-644 F-14B

USAF Fictional F-86D FU-644 F-14B

I know this isn't DCS, and that many of you do fly DCS. That forum isn't as well trafficked as the FSX one. I thought these screens were pretty cool, and wanted to share for any that are interested as I know there's plenty of 50's jet lovers here. recent Livery I made. This is v2.0 which has all stencils now period-esque. Note the Yellow Mae Wests and period USAF Helmets, complete with "AIM-4 Flacons". it comes with alternate Red or Yellow Helmets as well. For those interested it will be available soon.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Spectacular! A new level of realism. Are you also responsible for the bare metal textures, which are superb as well.

thank you. Yes sir I reengineered the RoughMets to create the bare metal. There's another one available called 'Chromecat'. That one is not mine. And this one is not based on that one.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well, this repaint might not be realistic (since it's "fictional" after all), but it has to be one of the most realistic-looking skin I've ever seen in P3D ! (o_0')

Sorry Daube, this is DCS. I figured there would be interested parties here that don't usually visit the DCS forum.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Ah, I misunderstood your initial message like "hey look, I know DCS is nice and all, but look at what we can do in P3D"...
    Bad luck for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Were there ever any real bare metal Turkeys?
    Nope! Plus it's made of Titanium and aluminum and GFRP I believe...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Of the F-14A's total AMPR (Aeronautical Manufacturers Planning Report) weight, approximately 25 per cent will be titanium (carry-through, wing pivot, longerons and bulkheads, wing covers, engine frames, honeycomb face sheets, formed fuselage keel and tubing), about 4 per cent will be non-metallic materials (boron-epoxy on horizontal tail skin surfaces, fibreglass epoxy on nose radomes and strakes, fluorosilicones for sealants, modified epoxies for adhesives, and acrylics for windshield and canopy), 36 per cent will be alluminium, and 15 per cent steel
    Only early blocks with the leading edges in polished aluminum. I thought maybe a NASA jet might have some material exposed, but it's the wing test panels. I like the attention to detail on the crew.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Only early blocks with the leading edges in polished aluminum. I thought maybe a NASA jet might have some material exposed, but it's the wing test panels. I like the attention to detail on the crew.
    Thanks man! I added patches to the flight suits as well as changed out the USN lfight suit name tag for a USAF one. WIth my handle on it....you'll have to look close for that one..
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

However you did it the bare polished aluminium is spectacular.

I gather Razbam have a Mirage III and MiG-19 in the pipeline, I'd also hope the 104 will show up eventually, won t be too long until the DCS skies are full of shiny 1950/60's zoomies.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Mig-19 is released. Can't wait for the Mirage III. Going to be great.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0