QC Location issues

Thread: QC Location issues

QC Location issues

I am having issues with the QC location airbase name or rather their ID. It seems about 3 Netherlands' airbases (NJG ones) ID's just follow the last successful one'd ID so CTD happens. It does that with every successful Nederlands' airbase and then the 3 problem ones just follow that ID. I have checked the qclocations file and the correct ID's are there. I also just altered the uisel ID but then CTD. This is with one install only.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi James, IIRC the ID should also be the same in the global layer.csv file

I think it is, for all 3 of the troublesome ones but I will check again.

So I eventually after some time solved it. The problem was partly that over time I have lots of installs or backup installs with slightly different data and files. So it took a lot of cross checking and editing using qclocation, global layers and airbase facility files! The ID was certainly the main problem!

SOH-CM-2020
    Well done! It certainly is a mind-bender to cross-correlate those three files. But there is a fourth file to check/cross correlate. When Pat's upgrade to Bob first came out, I did the same exercise to make sure all the airbase facilities, cutscenes airbase lists (don't forget to check those), qclocations and global layer all matched up. It is not necessary for all airbases to be in the qclocations.xml, but otherwise the files need to be internally consistent. You can't have an airbase listed in the qclocations file, that is not also listed for ALL flyable nationalities in the cutscenes.xml. Checking that takes a lot of work! Otherwise if for example you want to fly a Polish pilot out of Hawkinge, and the correct Hawkinge facility file is not listed under Poland section of the cutscenes.xml, then your UI will probably freeze/crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Well done! It certainly is a mind-bender to cross-correlate those three files. But there is a fourth file to check/cross correlate. When Pat's upgrade to Bob first came out, I did the same exercise to make sure all the airbase facilities, cutscenes airbase lists (don't forget to check those), qclocations and global layer all matched up. It is not necessary for all airbases to be in the qclocations.xml, but otherwise the files need to be internally consistent. You can't have an airbase listed in the qclocations file, that is not also listed for ALL flyable nationalities in the cutscenes.xml. Checking that takes a lot of work! Otherwise if for example you want to fly a Polish pilot out of Hawkinge, and the correct Hawkinge facility file is not listed under Poland section of the cutscenes.xml, then your UI will probably freeze/crash.

Thanks David. Some good tips there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Are you sure about all must be in cutscenes? I'm just looking at ACC_LW****_airbases and only see a very few listed?

SOH-CM-2020
    I don't recall exactly how critical the problem seemed to be. I will be interested to take a look at the ACC_airbases next time I'm at the CFS3 computer. Enforced isolation seems to come with a list of chores from the wife, while my health is good.

Members who have read this thread: 0