video card and Mobo

How do i upgrade software in vista
    or more to the point how do i delete older versions
    without removing the other
    ie
    Ge force and N force
    H

Hi Henry,
    You got Home Premium or Ultimate.Ultimate is easier to play with.
    You can remove one without the other with no problems.Both have their own unistallers.They can be found in Control Panel/Programs and Features.This replaces XP's Add/remove Programs.
    If you have home Premium you would be best doing it in Safe Mode.Could never get the Geforce drivers to install properly in Home Premium unless done in Safe Mode.
    In Ultimate it worked just like XP Pro.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup i have home premium
    the video card i dont have a problem
    but can i delete the mother board drivers
    and then install new ones
    H

Henry, just go to Uninstall Programs, find Nvidia Drivers, click Install/Change, click Remove only the following, then select what you want to remove and let the program do the rest. Recommended to use Safe Mode. If you are a little more technically minded, it's a good idea to use Nasty File Remover to clean up after you've uninstalled the drivers and rebooted before installing the new ones. If you can't handle that it's fine, it isn't really that important in this day and age.

Awesome
    Intel P7H55-M PRO / PNY XLR8 560 GTX 1GB / 4 X 2GB DDR3 @ 1066mhz / Intel Core i3 530 @2.93 Ghz
    WD Black 640 GB / WD Black 1TB / Ultra 600 Watt PSU
    Ultra Case / 52x CD RD/RW + 24x DL DVD RD/RW

Hi Henry,
    Just one word of caution.Make sure you have all the new drivers you want.If you are not using a USB modem for you internet you may not initially have internet connection till you install your new ethernet drivers.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha13 View Post
    Hi Henry,
    Just one word of caution.Make sure you have all the new drivers you want.If you are not using a USB modem for you internet you may not initially have internet connection till you install your new ethernet drivers.

Buddha13
    thanks that was my concern
    and i am using ethernet
    H

Members who have read this thread: 0