British Pacific Fleet

Thread: British Pacific Fleet

British Pacific Fleet

Guys,

I had BPF just about completely refinished with all of the most recent add-ons.

My Windows 7 PC crashed: NO access to either HD.

Last week I got a notification that M$ was going to discontinue support of Windows 7 and low and behold this week it crashed, just like Win98SE did, just like XP did shortly after M$ sending out notification of discontinued support.
    Might be coincidence, but happened every time in the past.

I've ordered a new HD to put in and reload Windows 7 OS onto without online access. Once up and running I will add the HD with all of the BPF files on it and see if I can salvage and send Rami what I have for upgrade of our current files.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Guys,

I had BPF just about completely refinished with all of the most recent add-ons.

My Windows 7 PC crashed: NO access to either HD.

Last week I got a notification that M$ was going to discontinue support of Windows 7 and low and behold this week it crashed, just like Win98SE did, just like XP did shortly after M$ sending out notification of discontinued support.
    Might be coincidence, but happened every time in the past.

I've ordered a new HD to put in and reload Windows 7 OS onto without online access. Once up and running I will add the HD with all of the BPF files on it and see if I can salvage and send Rami what I have for upgrade of our current files.

Lee
    I've had excellent luck recovering disk drives booting using Linux on a memory stick. I throw the drive out after I get the data off, but, usually it's all there.

I am sending this message on a Win7 laptop: Sorry to hear about your troubles, but I had heard that M$ support wasn't going to cease until JAN 2020. Hmmm... interesting.

I, to be on the safe, side will zip a copy of my install where I've been at work on a campaign revision too and transfer it to my external HD ASAP. Thanks for the heads up!

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon9 Reply...

Devildog73,

I've kept backups just in case, but they're not updated. It sucks to lose that much work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0