Walk and Follow for FSX

Thread: Walk and Follow for FSX

Walk and Follow for FSX

Looking for a utility that allows free movement around aircraft, similar to the formerly available "Walk and Follow". Any suggestions?

‘BOB’ at FTX/ORBX is a free utility that does that very thing
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks, I'll check that out. I have never ventured into Orbx. Its a bit intimidating to me.

Pick a favorite airport and try one. 50% off sale going on right now (BOB is free). I was lucky that one of my favorite airports to visit, 6B6 in Stow, MA, and an airport I always wanted to fly into when I was flying 2B2 Plum Island, and another airport I've flown into many times, KACK, were all done by Bill Womack and are now released through Orbx. True, there's a lot of complaints from people I've seen, but I think the quality of their airports is number one, and I use them all the time and haven't had any problems, and I use it in combination with UTX. I'm not sure what the concerns are, other than some people have seen some interference with other scenery.

I only hope they do a few more around New England, KASH / KMHT would be awesome and is a gateway to the north and pretty interesting scenery around them (too bad Daniel Webster College is no longer a flight school), from city to lakes and mountains. Currier's Flying Service and Jack's Air Service on Moosehead Lake would be an excellent choice for some very underserved seaplane ports with interesting surroundings (cool railway bridge and local town with interesting buildings).

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Thanks, I'll check that out. I have never ventured into Orbx. Its a bit intimidating to me.
    I can understand why. Their various packs of scenery, mesh, airports, regional terrain improvements etc are all interdependant and it can seem like a bit of a trap. If I was made of money I’d probably own it all since FSX is so abysmal without it (or some other major enhancement)
    but BOB is free as are some other VERY FINE airstrips at FTX. You don’t have to buy anything you don’t want. Many of the freeware airports look ok against the default FSX backdrop..if you squint a bit
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

If you don't want to splash out on a complete region, then Catalina Island is a very nice standalone which doesn't require any other Orbx product, though it does only have the one airport. If I were you I'd probably try one of the regions and see how you get on with that. They all include a lot of upgraded airports, so you don't need to pay more for individual ones unless you particularly want to. There's a good free demo of a part of the Pacific Northwest region you might like to try.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi Guys, the orb'x stuff looks pretty nice in fact, and could be a new hunting spot soon.
    However I have d/l BOB 'manually' and found a very strange archive with other zip inside and finally many files that I have no clue how to deal with.
    So I have a couple of questions: is the 'flight central'd/l option mandatory, is there preliminary installation to do before anything?
    Thanks for your lights.

Yes, you need FTX Central to install Bob. Let me mention that Bob will not allow you to do a walk around on the aircraft you have selected. Basically Bob is an aircraft. You can explore airports, or take a walk around town with him.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0