RNAS_Caudron_IV_Pack released by Ravenna!

Thread: RNAS_Caudron_IV_Pack released by Ravenna!

Icon22 RNAS_Caudron_IV_Pack released by Ravenna!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - World War I

Description: RNAS Caudron IV Pack

These repepaints of Stuart Green's Caudron IV bomber are based on information from Ray Sturtivant's book "Royal Naval Aircraft Serials 1911-1919."

Sturtivant lists the RNAS acquisitions in numerical sequence and subdivides these into aircraft types. From the dates given it can be seen that the earliest Caudron IVs were taken on charge by the RNAS at AAP Dunkerque during June 1915, by which time the cockades on RNAS and RFC aircraft had been standardised to red white and blue.

I have only been able to find one photograph (from "Cross and Cockade") relating to these 5 Wing aircraft (Caudron 3289 flown by Flt. Sub-Lieutenant William Gardner). I have used 3289 as the basis for positioning serials on the other two aircraft. Not knowing the tail numbers for 9113 and 9121 I have left them clean.

The upgraded bomb loadouts are based on photographs of Caudrons loaded with a pair of 230 lb bombs. This loadout was made possible by the change to Anzani engines. The original Le Rhone engines were 80 HP , whereas the Anzani was 100 HP. Some sources give the Anzani a power rating of 110 HP, but I have stayed with the RNAS Caudron serial records which consistently indicate 100 HP. With the upgrade to Anzani engines it became common practice to carry 2 x 230lb bombs to attack targets like Zeebrugge, Ostende and Gontrode.

While I have repainted the panel BMPs the real work on the RNAS panel was by Kevin Driver who "Anglicised" the instruments and rescued my attempt to place a new map in the cockpit. Thanks Kevin!

My change to the air file was just a small tweak to the earlier significant upgrade by Aer Daddy-O. Thanks Eric!

I hope you enjoy these repaints.

Ravenna,

May 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RNAS_Caudron_IV_Pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you Ravenna, this is very cool.

msfossey

Ravenna

Many thanks to you and all that were involved!

voyager

Icon14 Reply...

Ravenna,

Very nice, thank you for all of your hard work on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Alteration

I have an alteration for the RNAS Caudron IV. The attached zip contains files for the upgrading of the panel, including a set of gauges. My apologies to anyone who has already downloaded this pack.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I have an alteration for the RNAS Caudron IV. The attached zip contains files for the upgrading of the panel, including a set of gauges. My apologies to anyone who has already downloaded this pack.
    Thank you. Is this only for use with the RNAS version, not with the French G.IV?

Hello all, you can use the gauges with the french version, using the panel from FS9 "as it", cheers

Thanks Martin.
    As I understand it the new panel.cfg is for the RNAS Caudrons. Martin Klein has done the gauges and Kevin has put the panel together. I'm just the postman!

can not find the Model files to go with the textures?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - World War I

Description: RNAS Caudron IV Pack

These repepaints of Stuart Green's Caudron IV bomber are based on information from Ray Sturtivant's book "Royal Naval Aircraft Serials 1911-1919."

Sturtivant lists the RNAS acquisitions in numerical sequence and subdivides these into aircraft types. From the dates given it can be seen that the earliest Caudron IVs were taken on charge by the RNAS at AAP Dunkerque during June 1915, by which time the cockades on RNAS and RFC aircraft had been standardised to red white and blue.

I have only been able to find one photograph (from "Cross and Cockade") relating to these 5 Wing aircraft (Caudron 3289 flown by Flt. Sub-Lieutenant William Gardner). I have used 3289 as the basis for positioning serials on the other two aircraft. Not knowing the tail numbers for 9113 and 9121 I have left them clean.

The upgraded bomb loadouts are based on photographs of Caudrons loaded with a pair of 230 lb bombs. This loadout was made possible by the change to Anzani engines. The original Le Rhone engines were 80 HP , whereas the Anzani was 100 HP. Some sources give the Anzani a power rating of 110 HP, but I have stayed with the RNAS Caudron serial records which consistently indicate 100 HP. With the upgrade to Anzani engines it became common practice to carry 2 x 230lb bombs to attack targets like Zeebrugge, Ostende and Gontrode.

While I have repainted the panel BMPs the real work on the RNAS panel was by Kevin Driver who "Anglicised" the instruments and rescued my attempt to place a new map in the cockpit. Thanks Kevin!

My change to the air file was just a small tweak to the earlier significant upgrade by Aer Daddy-O. Thanks Eric!

I hope you enjoy these repaints.

Ravenna,

May 2019

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RNAS_Caudron_IV_Pack.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    I can not find the model files to go with the textures. have I missed some thing?

Members who have read this thread: 0